I need a subwoofer in my 620 truck

h3xperiment

The truck is a 1975 620 SC longbed. Absolutely no room inside for a fatass sub as Im sure some of you know. the only thing I can think of is shoving an active enclosure slim subwoofer like THIS under the bench seat. my concern with this is bass quality as I listen to a lot of super bass heavy electronic music as well as gangsta rap (my translucent-white, southern Oregonian ass) I dont want to rattle the cars around me but id like to get a very heavy butt massage from it. I'm sorta stumped other than this option.

Thanks for any help! :D

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

These is nothing that will be acceptable.  Have you thought of a very suitably large enclosure mounted in the bed with a port, maybe two, connecting through the box and into the cab, low on the floor behind the seats? Maybe 8"? It would have to be water and weather proof and well bolted down. I hate the idea of cutting the body up but it's more or less out of sight and can be repaired later when and if you take it out.  

Your link to the example sub is broken, it loops back to this thread.

And yes, as suggested by hobo, a Bazooka tube type sub could be a good option.

http://www.crutchfield.com/p_204BTA6100/Bazooka-BTA6100.html?tp=114&awkw=75620045065&awat=pla&awnw=g&awcr=47439086545&awdv=c

x204BTA6100-f-1.jpeg

The one I snagged from Crutchfield as an example above is also powered, so no extra amp needed.

Fixed the link. I thought I checked that before posting.

@kingrat I have thought about that, but I have reservations in doing that since the bed is not connected to the cab. Although thats probably not as big a deal as I think it is. Also, i plan on purchasing/making a canopy for the bed so I can go camping in it so that would help with the weather a bit. I will keep this option in mind.

@hobospyder, Rjawm I've never heard of those, will give this a further look for sure! Looks like I could install 2 small ones, although they are a bit pricey.

Thank you all for the help, and further suggestions and tips are always welcome! :D 

Nice! If I go that route I will definitely get this (or similar). I'm starting to think I might just install bucket seats because that bench seat does not hold me in obviously, and I want to feel more secure when traversing those bumpy-ass mountain roads. With the bucket seats Im sure I can fit at least a small proper sub between and mount the amp under a seat and speakers in the doors or something. 

Sub in the rear window reduces visibility and honda owners are going to laugh. Can't have that. An 8" speaker is just barely a 'woofer', same with the 'bazooka'. You are going to need a serious couple of cubic feet of enclosure and a long excursion 10" or larger. Too bad you don't have a KC truck, this would help slightly.

Oh god. My sarcasm was lost. Dont do the window box. Window boxes are for flowers.

Buy a great amp. And great speakers that do fit. Overpower your amp by at least 20% of RMS, and get a good deck. Buying great components replaces a couple of inches easily. Next is the environment. Get the floors carpeted with thick padding, deaden the ceiling and outer door skins etc. no box in window or bed . Leave that for spl competitors. Get it sounding great without plastic surgery. It's not hard, it's just spensive.