L20B Carb problems

Andres131313

The day I sell my car is the day I die. I love that thing too much. From the trashed interior to the rusty fender. I have too much blood (seriously), sweat, and money put into this car to ever sell it to make a profit. Any parts will be happily accepted and appreciated. I'm in this for the long haul. Now I have gotten the carb to work only down to 2000. But no matter how hard I try to tune the thing it likes having the choke closed about 1/3 of the way. When it's hot it will just die with it open. 

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You aren't going to see fuel going down the throat of the car when it on the idle circuit. That happens bellow the butterfly.  Stupid question, where is the air fuel screw set at? 

I know that but I should still see it coming out when it's above 3000 rpm. I don't know. When I got it to idel once I adjusted it. I dont remember how many turns it was now. 

The day I sell my car is the day I die. I love that thing too much. From the trashed interior to the rusty fender. I have too much blood (seriously), sweat, and money put into this car to ever sell it to make a profit. Any parts will be happily accepted and appreciated. I'm in this for the long haul. Now I have gotten the carb to work only down to 2000. But no matter how hard I try to tune the thing it likes having the choke closed about 1/3 of the way. When it's hot it will just die with it open. 

Almost certainly points to an air leak somewhere ( with your assurance the jets and passages from them are clean). Maybe something in the emissions hosiery? Be certain also that the vacuum line to the booster isn't split etc. Is the BCDD stuck open??

--Ray