coilovers on the 720?

bk whitest

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Won't make the same mistake twice.

The 720 already has a torsion bar suspension that works well and coil over shocks is a radical change, so unless there is a clear advantage to doing so, I wouldn't bother.

What do you hope to get out of this?

• Like 1

Don't think so. The max low is when the bump stops bottom out... and you can do that with the stock torsion bars.

I guess I didn't think that out too far than. But still, I've had mine maxed to the bump stops and the ride quality wasn't as good as any lowered car on coilovers that I've been in. So even if you can't go any lower, you could have much better ride quality, right? I still don't think it's worth the hassle tho, just for a comfy ride haha.

A lowered car probably had some suspension movement left to absorb the bumps while your truck was solidly on or near the stops. You could try trimming the stops to allow the truck more movement or even raise it up slightly. Running a minimum air pressure in the tires might help too..

There's no practical difference between a coil and a torsion bar when it comes to function, all else being equal.  You're more likely running into issues with travel limits, shock limits, or shock choice.  Advantage of coils is you have more options for spring rates.