Been a year...

...Since I sold my dime. I'm not too happy about it still a year later. It was one of those "ya gotta do what ya gotta do" things, and I'm just not cool with it - still. I have no idea what to do...buying anything just ain't in the books. I didn't go on Ratsun or any other site either, I just cut myself out of the community when I loaded it up on the trailer. I guess I'm not cool with selling it and don't like not having it...which is weird because I never drove it. I swapped motors, bought parts and worked on it all the time, but drove it maybe 1/2 mile in the 8 years I owned it. it was just always 'there' and I had a place to go. Money sucks.

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Datsun...gets you through times of no money better than money gets you through times of no Datsun. I can't see my Datsun being worth more than a couple of thousand dollars and what's that in the scheme of things anyway? Would that really save or change my life? Better to bag and save it for another time.

• Like 1

Ya, I hear ya Mike - you're right. It just was one those deals: I lost my job a year earlier, got a lower paying job, had to move and had another child all at the same time. I got my price, no bullshitters, no advertising, no hassle. The new owner is really a great guy and my taxes weren't getting paid any other way. I'm glad I had the opportunity to make sure everything got paid on time and my car is in a good place - very important to me. I'm just not sure why it still bugs me.

Its ok man, you can pick one when you've got a little extra cash. I'm going through a similar thing with one of my motorcycles, its more of a love hate thing. I love how it runs and looks, but I freaking hate how many times it has left me stranded. Will never get the money back for what I've put into it.

after riding a newer bike that can crack 140 I really don't want to go back to it, soo now its just a li'l thing I look at and polish. Maybe you just need a li'l something to look at and polish.

• Like 1

Sometimes ya gotta do what ya gotta do! Paying bills and making shitty money sucks. I want to know how to get rich by doing nothing. Like Paris Hilton, Justin Beiber, or Kim Kardashian.

• Like 1