620 datsun pick up

indicator blinker switch turn signal is fried. there was a short and the white plastic switch that holds the 2 copper contacts melted. I tried to fix it but failed. Having a hard time finding a new one. Mine has 2 plugs. One of them is a 10 plug point of connection and the other plug has 2 points of connection. can you help me. All the switches I found on e-bay don't have the same nunber of wires. thanks for any suggestions.

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The turn signal has a 6 pin plug and either 1 or 2 loose wires depending on year. What year is your truck? Every year had different things added to the electrical.

A picture of what you have would sure help.  Maybe this turn signal was previously swapped with something else?

the truck is a 1979. 620 pick up. The plug has 10 pins and the other plug has 2 pins. I'd love to order one on ebay but the closest I've come is a plug with 9 pins and there is no 2nd plug. do you think it's worth the chance of ordering. I'll get you a picture this evening. My son has the truck now. He's using hand signals. thanks

the truck is a 1979. 620 pick up. The plug has 10 pins and the other plug has 2 pins. I'd love to order one on ebay but the closest I've come is a plug with 9 pins and there is no 2nd plug. do you think it's worth the chance of ordering. I'll get you a picture this evening. My son has the truck now. He's using hand signals. thanks

Yup you're correct. On further digging there must have been at least three different turn signal switches.

The '78 and the 79 have a 10 and a 2 pin connector. The two pin one is for hi/low beams and the flash to pass.

Ted is the guy to contact. http://community.ratsun.net/user/37-tdaaj/

I was at the Import swap meet at Eagle rock, and the vender next to me had 620 blinker switch's. Here told me there are two an early and a late style, I did not pay that much attention which was which but it had to do with the plug style.

Three I think.

'73-'74 had a 6 pin connector with two single wires to flasher and horn

'75-'77 had a 6 pin connector with a single wire connected to the flasher unit

'78 and '79 were 10 pin and two pin connectors.