1975 B210

green280z

That's not any stronger than what he already has.   ^_^

This is not true. Every 240SX came with an R-series diff. And IRS.    B)

H165 is stronger than h145. And I think it's the 200sx.. Right? I confuse their parts often.
  • Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

H165 is stronger than h145. And I think it's the 200sx.. Right? I confuse their parts often.

B210 shouldn't have an H145? Pretty sure that only came in the 1200 and maybe the B310 (like yours). I believe the B210 had an H150? I know it's bigger than a H145 1200 diff, and we've used the B210 diff in two 1200s, both with bigger engines that beat the shit out of the diff with no failures. 

No idea what came in the leaf spring 200SX (77-79), but the later 4-link 200SX (80-83) came with an H165 or H195 depending on engine size. 

I said that to say this, swapping to an H190 is worthwhile. It is STOUT.

Swapping to an H165 is not worthwhile, in my opinion.

It's not really enough of an upgrade to justify the work involved, unless of course yours is already busted. Don't know what even came with a leaf sprung H165? Maybe the aforementioned 77-79 200SX? Otherwise, you're cutting the 4-link mounts off and welding on spring pads, and at that point you could make almost any diff/axle work. 

B210 shouldn't have an H145? Pretty sure that only came in the 1200 and maybe the B310 (like yours). I believe the B210 had an H150? I know it's bigger than a H145 1200 diff, and we've used the B210 diff in two 1200s, both with bigger engines that beat the shit out of the diff with no failures. 

No idea what came in the leaf spring 200SX (77-79), but the later 4-link 200SX (80-83) came with an H165 or H195 depending on engine size.

I'd need to check but I'm pretty sure my b310 has a h165.

I was wrong. You were correct. B210 and b310 have h150. 1200 has h145. H190 definitely is the choice for any hard driving, ie. Drag racing/drifting.

Test fitting the carpet. There seems to be a molded hump on top of the transmission tunnel, between the e brake trim and the shift console. There is nothing there that would require a hump, it's where the wire harness for the seat belt crosses over. Just wondering if any one else has run into this?carpethump_zps87536c7a.jpg

Test fitting the carpet. There seems to be a molded hump on top of the transmission tunnel, between the e brake trim and the shift console. There is nothing there that would require a hump, it's where the wire harness for the seat belt crosses over. 

Never seen that...

I know some cars have a metal "brace" there to stiffen the floorpan. Maybe it's for that?

The seat rails are there and carpet molded ok for them. There is just nothing under that hump and never was, no screw holes just a void. Little stuff like that bothers me and would be the first thing i see every time I enter the car. I contacted the seller and see what we can work out. Maybe I could build a switch box and put there, naaa not going to happen. I was only test fitting the carpet and plan to do more work on the car before i actually fully install the carpet.

On another note: I sold my billiard table recently and have a room I can store-stage parts. It's nice to have and keeps the garage freed up to work in.photo8_zpsd1123c2e.jpg

• Like 1
  • 4 weeks later...

Even #'s contained within the first 5 digits indicate RH side, odd #'s indicate left.

What part exactly are you looking for? I have an electronic catalog and can look it up for you.

26552-

26557-

• 9 months later...

So it's been about four months since  i've touched the the poor little car. Went out to the garage and she did start after spinning over for a bit. I got it up to operating temp and took it for a drive, mainly to decide if the engine is going to get a rebuild when i pull it. It did good no smoke or noises so it's just going to get cleaned up and all new gaskets and some paint. So as soon as I finish a small project on my Z it's going to get completely stripped down and painted. I have every part i need with the exception of outside mirrors, front and rear bumpers carb rebuild kit or new carb.

So my question to the pro's here, Should I rebuild the stock carb or should I get a new one?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Well at least the thread gets some attention?

Still have the car, have every part i think I need for a complete restoration with the exception of bumpers and side view mirrors. Still looking for them. I have found a new 120y? front bumper, but if i get that one i'm filling in the turn signal cutouts. It's hard for me to spend that coin on a new bumper and then weld and grind on it, it would be better to find a cheaper one that needs chroming and repair that one. Really i want fiberglass bumpers.

So, when I can stop doing mods to my 200Z i'll start on the B210 which I expect will be about two months.

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone know if headers that are made for a RHD car will fit on a LHD car? I've contacted the seller and he can't tell me if they would clear the steering box. What do you guys think?

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/DATSUN-NISSAN-1200-120Y-SUNNY-1000-TO-1500-STAINLESS-EXTRACTORS-HEADERS-/261928123072?ssPageName=ADME:X:RTQ:AU:1123

Does anyone know if headers that are made for a RHD car will fit on a LHD car?

They should. Clearance needs to be about the same whether the box is on the left or the right. 

But expect to have to put a few dents in it for clearance.   :rofl:

I believe you can still get one from Kirk (they made the original Nismo header). 

http://kirkracing.com/headers.html