77 620 alignment

teagueauto21

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Within reason a small drop won't change it much and toe in is a bigger more dangerous problem, and the easiest to adjust.

Camber can be adjusted by adding or removing shims between the upper link spindle and the frame it's bolted to. It's not much and is intended for a stock ride height tweak. You can add as many shims as you want to move the top of the wheel inward but removing shims will only move the top of the wheel out a small amount before the spindle is flat against the frame

• Like 1

I lowered mine and put new wheels and tires on it at the same time. I got the front alligned immediately after lowering it and my tires have worn nice and even. I also rotate my tires bout every 3k miles,  Im willing to bet your truck probably hasnt had an allignment in many years, itll love it!

• Like 1

Thanks mike ! Im planning on dropping it about 4 in the front and 3 in the rear should i be concerned with lowering shocks in the rear i know you can use pinto shocks for the front any suggestions for rear

The use of lowering blocks does not affect the shock length in the back. Take a look at it and just imagine the axle being moved higher by a spacer between it and the spring below it. The body/spring/shock stays the same.

• Like 1