I've searched and tryed I'm stumped carburator!???

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The choke on forces a rich mixture that the engine likes when cold. It's likely masking a normally lean condition when it's off.

Find the idle mixture screw and turn it out to increase fuel to the idle circuit. It's the screw with the spring around it lower right in the picture...

101_0100.jpg

The idle speed screw is just to the left of the idle mixture screw which is just barely visible far right....

carb003.jpg?width=721

The speed screw increases or decreases the idle speed. The mixture screw richens or leans the mixture.

Try turning the speed up slightly to get it running. Then turn the mixture screw in and out to find the fastest smooth running. Now turn the idle down. Adjust the mixture screw in till the idle worsens and then out till it worsens and select a point roughly between the two where it runs best. Turn idle speed down and repeat (possible 4 or 5 times, whatever it takes) until you can't improve the idle quality. Done.

It is possible that the idle circuit is blocked with dirt/sediment. Unscrew the idle mixture screw, counting the turns so it can go back in the same position. Have a care as the spring may fly off so don't loose it. Spray the hole with carb cleaner, using the kind with the red straw to direct a strong stream into the orifice to rinse it out. Replace the mixture screw and....

Thanks mike will try this I think I'm going to take apart the window of the bowl and clean all that out and take off the jet screws and bolts spray them down see if I do it again and it helps

Ah I assumed it was an idle problem. A plugged or part plugged main jet will screw up the above idle running.  I found it very difficult to get the jets out with the carb on the engine. It's do able but barely.