dat 521 J13 turbo project

521ls

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You may have to. This is the beauty or the bane of owning vintage autos. Some parts just do not exist or are simply unavailable, so... you make your own. The down side is that if you do do a good job.... no one notices your work. :lol:

• Like 1

I will be over tomorrow taking my 85 720 ST to get inspected for a bonded title.  I will take pictures of what is available.  Fix your valance.  I have a couple pairs of rockers left.  I need to look closely at the cab we have to see if I am willing to cut it up.

If I decide it will be cut I will need payment in full shipping included before I will cut it up.  I got burned several years ago and cut up a 55 Chevy 2 door hard top and did not get paid after cutting it.

We will discuss price after I see if the cab is bad enough to cut.

How did you go with the other cab?

time to purchase some sheet metal, angle grinder, gas mig welder, small sheet bender and start learning. 

got the gear... its the time and skills im worried about. don't get me wrong i'll try my hand at anything....... except body work as if its not perfect when its done i'll probably end up burning it to the ground.... been there done that