Vin plate

rick9two

I'm having problems registering my 620 again at the dmv due to turning the title into a salvage. I went in for a vehicle inspection and the clerk notices the vin stamp on the left inner fender screwed on. He sent me to the chip office to get a blue rivet stamp on it with a new vin.

Can you guys help me out and send me pictures on how your stamp is being held up?

I have seen other 620s with screws, am I correct or am I seeing things ?

Guys, please help me out

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If the number on the plate doesn't match the number on the frame or the body number differs, they will need to verify your papers.

I told him eveything matched then he brought a booklet that stated it needed to be on the firewall not the fender...so I wanna show them with pictures that's where it goes and with screws

620 it's screwed to the inner fender, but there's one riveted to the driver's doorframe and a VIN etched into the frame rail under the battery (just behind it, actually).  There's nothing except the emissions sticker (through 74) on the firewall on a 620.

The one on the frame is the only one that truly matters.

The inspector is wrong, but good luck telling him that.  Maybe he looked at where the VIN is on a 610.

The factory manual shows the plate screwed on.

620 it's screwed to the inner fender, but there's one riveted to the driver's doorframe and a VIN etched into the frame rail under the battery (just behind it, actually). There's nothing except the emissions sticker (through 74) on the firewall on a 620.

The one on the frame is the only one that truly matters.

The inspector is wrong, but good luck telling him that. Maybe he looked at where the VIN is on a 610.

The factory manual shows the plate screwed on.

I did try telling him that, and I had no luck.

Hopefully i get someone that is resonable and will bother listen and hear what I have to say.

Where is the one on the frame ?