sr20 n/a in my dime wont idle

jeu510

Ok...just got done wiring and installing my s14 sr20 n/a in my dime but the car wont idle. It will start up fine but when rpm drops to idle, it stumbles and die. If I unplug the maf sensor, it will stay running but wont rev past 2500rpm. Any ideas? I've already swapped the maf so its not the maf.

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Dont know for sure if the ecu is good but dont see anything obvious for it to be bad.

I've tried adjusting the iacv also and it does not affect it. It stumbles and dies after the idle speed comes down from high idle.

i dont think injectors are clogged cus when maf is disconnected, it will idle...just wont be able to rev past 25k rpm.

yes maf is also facing the correct way.

i dont think its a clogged iacv for the same reason that if i unplug the maf, it will idle.

during the maf being plugged in, if i try to keep the rpms up with out dying, it feels like chokes when reving it up. i dont see any vacuum leaks that are big enough to cause this problem, but i will recheck.

OK....I think i know whats wrong....does the big air tube that feeds the iacv get its air before or after the maf? it was never hooked up so i dont know where it originally goes.

Is the ECU from a DE, or a DET? what letter and number are on the ECU box? E5 J5 C64? IF it's a 62 it's for a DET and will not work in a N/A application. That ECU will be looking for a bunch of information that is not there without a turbo.

Hopefully you'll find the ECU has WA on it in black or red lettering.

The pins on the "NA" ECU are the same as S13 SR's but those ECUs will not control the VVT system on the s14. The early model N/A S14's have more pins than later ECU's, but the N/A "kouki's" are rare. If its an auto trans ECU it will have FK or WE on it.

The WB ECU is to an early 94-96 Silva auto trans SR. I have no idea what the differences are between the MT and AT ECUs though. I'll see if I can't track down the pinouts for you. There are lots of WA ECUs on Ebay, so all is not lost. You may even be able to make a straight across trade, because the WA is so common.

yeah i figured that i need to hook it up dislexicdime.....i just have it off at the moment and that is probrably my problem. i need to find me a air filter adapter that has the fitting for it or custom me a intake pipe from throttle body to maf to have a fitting for the hose.

thanks paradime for the info...i will try hooking up the iacv hose first and see if that helps it....it that fails, i will look for the correct ecu. btw are the auto and manual engine harness the same?

• 2 weeks later...

ok...so i finally got a intake made to fit the iacv tube and it fixed it.....it has to be hooked up after the maf otherwise it will be considered a big vacuum leak. thanks again to all who put in their inputs.

• Like 1