Someone hit my car in the middle of the night

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The glass went all the way up your hood.  this glass had some velocity.  I'm dumbfounded as to how this happened with so little damage to your car.  The cargo shift in the rear of a van that slammed the glass out the back could do this.  But wouldn't the back glass of a minivan be laminated as well?  The failed drift theory is not working for me since that noise would have drawn a bit more interest.  But basically any car with a painted bumper would have left some trace of paint while taking off your bumper.  Look on the ground as well for chips.  If there is nothing, then you are likely looking for an unpainted bumper.  For sure drive around to shops tomorrow looking for vans or hatchbacks without rear glass and minor rear drivers damage.   

Pushed it back about 5 feet or so. It came out with minor damage but I was holding my breath as I rounded the driver side.SANY5724_zpsaf878315.jpg

Ok maybe not minor considering this is the only car I have that was straight or never wrecked. The grill is pushed in a little ways and the hood latch is out of wack.

That is just too weird. Trying to figure out the angle in which the car hit yours and made a window explode while leaving yours with min damage. Along with what Mike said, is there any scuffing on any of the parts or your car that's a different color and what about that tire gouge mark in the grass in the pic above, was done by yours being pushed back or by the other guy?

My vote is DWI, guy got lost and tried to turn around, hit your car and fled in a panic. While your hunting the body and glass shops, keep your eyes peeled for any vehicles driving with blowen out window. Odds are they might not or will not have it fixed for awhile.  

The glass went all the way up your hood.  this glass had some velocity.  I'm dumbfounded as to how this happened with so little damage to your car.  The cargo shift in the rear of a van that slammed the glass out the back could do this.  But wouldn't the back glass of a minivan be laminated as well?  The failed drift theory is not working for me since that noise would have drawn a bit more interest.  But basically any car with a painted bumper would have left some trace of paint while taking off your bumper.  Look on the ground as well for chips.  If there is nothing, then you are likely looking for an unpainted bumper.  For sure drive around to shops tomorrow looking for vans or hatchbacks without rear glass and minor rear drivers damage.   

I agree, drifting would have been a no go and I have seen the rear windshields of Minivans blow out before like that, more so if they have the rear wiper motor mounted in the glass, like some Ford Windstars do.