New to Ratsun and very first 510 Owner

NEW QUESTION...does anyone still make rear disc brackets for a wagon? I keep finding sedan and coupes only but nothing for wagons. All the people that fabricated the brackets just stopped for some reason.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

70 goon, I wouldn't even know where to start with making them my self. I new to the car thing...I'm teaching myself how to do everything but fabricating...that sounds too advance for me.  :crying:

Ok so I got a great freaking deal on a full kit to replace the drum brakes! All new parts and drums + brake shoes for 115! Oh and yes this is for both sides. So I guess the conversion will have to wait. Ill post pics of all the fun stuff when I get the parts.

70 Goo, I will keep you in mind when I’m ready to go full swing with the conversion. What calipers and Rotors are you using?

Ok so I got a great freaking deal on a full kit to replace the drum brakes! All new parts and drums + brake shoes for 115! Oh and yes this is for both sides. So I guess the conversion will have to wait. Ill post pics of all the fun stuff when I get the parts.

Where'd you find that deal?  I need to redo my rear brakes but shipping to Hawaii is murdering any deal I can find.

Love the car get some better wheels.

fix the hood on the pass side why is it bowed up(in photo).

If everything works dont waist your money just drive it.

just read everything on Olddatsun.com about 1000times then move on to the next step. by then it might not be worth doing anyways.  I have stock brakes and Im  fine with it and had my car 26years.I just drive  slower now

OH PS. what the deal with all that red wire by fuse box????? Nasty  Oh also put the positve side of battery towards the firewall.so when you hit the brakes the batter dont slide foward and short out on the hood and burn up everything.(SEEN IT!!!!!!!!!!!)

save this

http://www.olddatsuns.com/620tech.htm

Thanks. First thing first is making sure the car is road worthy. Breaks are a must. But I just tackled the job. First time working on drum breaks...man did it suck! LoL

The next project is to get the electrical up and running correctly. I got the car with an L20 swap and all the lovely cables that are nesting in the engine bay. I have no idea why the previous owner ran the wires the way he did.

Just a reminder, I'm have no previous mechanical or any automotive experience what so ever...so all my trial and errors will be documented here. Lol

The good is a bit off. The release cable for the hood doesn't work and some of the under supports is no longer welded...giving it that weird look. Wheels... Will be getting some but only after I'm done with the little projects first.

• 3 weeks later...

Ok so I've been working crazy hours at work 80 a week and with the new baby...life just froze for me. Sorry for not posting...but...but I'm back! I got the brakes done. It's my first time messing with drum brakes and making brake lines.

E81FB628-21C2-48C1-BD62-4515A24C5BD2_zps

• Like 1

Oh and I got parts!!!! The dash is in bad shape so I hunted down a glove box and radio bezel. Got the bezel in and now just need to install the glovebox. Here is a pic of the old stuff that the previous owner painted with cheap rattle can paint. : /

AAA46CE4-32DC-41F7-A322-75F197C0E2D3_zps

ED185E43-AA70-4E59-A46B-CBCC96EDE4DE_zps

• 5 weeks later...

After a very crazy month of working and getting use to having a new Born...I think I’m back to my old self. So I have been driving the Wagon around with no problems so far.

I do have a few parts that I want to start fixing and others that I need to hunt down and buy.

I’m going to start work on the front half of the interior...since it’s what I’m going to see most of time. I got a new bezel that I need to install and glove box.

Anyone knows how to repair a Dash cap? That’s the last part I need to install the front portion of the interior.

List of parts that I need to buy/ find.

• Head Liner bows
  • Head light switch
  • wiper switch
  • turn Signal switch
  • shifter for a 200sx 5 speed transmission
  • sun visors
  • Rear hatch plastic cover (It’s what covers the arms of the hatch; it also has a rear light on it.
  • hazard switch knob
  • steering column cover

grEEn gOOns are always welcome

happy first fathers day (almost) ill be at Canby

List of parts that I need to buy/ find.

• Head light switch MAYBE, knob too?
  • wiper switch MAYBE, knob too?
  • turn Signal switch MAYBE(i think its for a sedan)
  • Rear hatch plastic cover (It’s what covers the arms of the hatch; it also has a rear light on it. YES. small cracks repaired, light may even work
  • hazard switch knob YES
  • steering column cover YES

wont be able to check until after Canby...

• Like 1