Help with 'Back Window Deck'?

Robertopz1

Hey B210'ers I've been working on my Datsun for about half a year now and it's been a slow process getting her ready. I already fixed all engine problems and now I'm working on the interior. Here's where I need help; I need help replacing the deck that's behind the rear seats. I've been talking to Carwson and he's helped me out a lot but we're both not sure what the damn thing is called. Furthermore, I've asked around AND looked around and it doesn't seem like I'll be finding a replica of this any time soon. What's been suggested of me is to find somewhere that specializes in making duplicates out of other materials which is a route I'd be willing to go. So what I'm asking is:

What do you call this?

Where can I buy one?

Is there a company that specializes in making them?

I live in the Los Angeles area but I'm sure with the internet, they can ship anywhere. Any advice would be very helpful. 

P.S. is it cheesy to give her a name that begins with the letter D? I was thinking Darla

7F57F5E1-ACDD-4B70-84F9-82656E4BF06A_zps65E681AF-6548-4F2B-AAC1-25ACB1A70FA9_zps6EEBBC5E-2F70-4AC1-B6DE-3C7F15488EFA_zps

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I had one that was in rough shape that fixed up pretty nicely. It is essentially thick cardboard, so I used some wood glue, wood putty, and paint to fix it up. You can even glue in some thick (non-corrugated) cardboard to make patches for the speaker holes and broken edge if you want.

just make a new one the original crap is very fragile make it our of some plywood it may take a while to look perfect but it will last a shit ton longer and be alot more durable and once covered in carpet it will even look better

Mine was similar to yours. So I did what Will, but instead of painting it I upholstered them (Cover them up) with that speaker material.

I think it came out pretty good.

Reinforced the areas that are broken or weak with cardboard and wood glue.

Here are some pics

8D597F99-EA90-4129-BF89-C8733D30943B_zps

50A41E06-3AEB-446C-BAC0-F4052C3C4F0A_zps

[url=http://s135.photobucket.com/user/sierra_edgar/media/Datsun%20Parts/3892C80D-85B2-4A69-98FF-56DB3B52C2FB_zpskohuynsk.jpg.html]3892C80D-85B2-4A69-98FF-56DB3B52C2FB_zps