how accurate is fast & furious?

Through heavily populated streets, neighborhoods and parking garages of course. No, at firebird raceway a bunch, Coos Bay speedway, Woodburn a handful of times. Seems as if every time I go to race I get dinged with a new safety rule at the tune of a few hundred bucks. I am far from flush with cash, so I'm afraid it's been few and far between lately.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Firebird is Yakima? A guy I race with at Pacific (Bill Cadle) was track champion this year in sportsman. I've never run there, but I believe the DIV 6 finals are there in 2015. Woodburn in 2014.

I will be there for both, if the power of positive thinking works. Bring it to Pacific. Just peddle it through the lights and keep it at 10.00. They wont bug you. 

"WHERES MY ENGINENS TED!!!, couple of SR20s will pull a premium two weeks before race wars"       Of course he was driving a Honda though....

That is true, they wont risk life and limb. However they have the most advanced speed cameras in the world, so its very hard not to get caught.

Serious answers?

There is some accuracy to the movie. In DSM gearboxes double clutching in high RPM is beneficial, because those trannies are crap. DC rev matching, and left foot breaking are other skills to learn, but this movie downplays the reality of such Driving tactics. You would not be "double clutching" in most dig races.

No, you can not blow the welds on the intake, not on a street car. However on a drag car I have seen essentially that happen, well blow the bolts maybe, not the welds per say. But pro stocks have to have engine straps to keep the supercharger from flying off into the audience in case of a nitrous explosion.

The race at the end is fucking ridiculous.

the Supra from the movie is actually a base model automatic, not a twin turbo.

Races dont actually happen in that manner in Cali, and they dont race down Hawthorne, lolol.

And it would be very hard to put "100k under his hood" of an S2k.

what else did you want to know?

what else do we want to know... how about some info on something you actually know about..... pro stock doesnt use super chargers, its an all motor class that is limited to 500ci....also.... pro stock doesnt use nitrous... again all motor... and top fuel who uses the 1471 blowers... also doesnt use nitrous..... none of the pro classes use nitrous. the blower popping off has nothing to do with nitrous, its due to them dropping a cylinder and it backfiring into the intake.

also the races were happening like that in ontario california till the cps stepped in, they hada raid one night and it was some 300+ cars ticketed and like 600+ ppl..... so yes some places do roll out in force like that to race... just the stupid ppl tho.....

what else do we want to know... how about some info on something you actually know about..... pro stock doesnt use super chargers, its an all motor class that is limited to 500ci....also.... pro stock doesnt use nitrous... again all motor... and top fuel who uses the 1471 blowers... also doesnt use nitrous..... none of the pro classes use nitrous. the blower popping off has nothing to do with nitrous, its due to them dropping a cylinder and it backfiring into the intake.

also the races were happening like that in ontario california till the cps stepped in, they hada raid one night and it was some 300+ cars ticketed and like 600+ ppl..... so yes some places do roll out in force like that to race... just the stupid ppl tho.....

See you learn something new everyday!

I did know that top fuel and alcohol dont use Nitrous, its highly unstable with nitromethane. I thought you could use it in lower classes though as long as you werent running any Nitromethane. I didnt know pro-stock didnt use superchargers. I am that highly knowledgeable about drag racing, especially the class restrictions.

I have seen top alcohol pistons shoot out the side of the block from the cylinder pressures, I did know the retainer straps in top fuel had nothing to do with nitro explosions.

There is some accuracy to the movie. In DSM gearboxes double clutching in high RPM is beneficial, because those trannies are crap. DC rev matching, and left foot breaking are other skills to learn, but this movie downplays the reality of such Driving tactics. You would not be "double clutching" in most dig races.

However the DSM used in the film is NOT a turbo model, it is a base model with Chrysler motor and tranny lol (dodge neon).

• Like 1

The secret is all in the paint scheme.

9.125 and 8.8 times sez the car isn't being driven properly. It could probably go 8.5 if he could grab the gears right.

F&F one... it was 9 seconds from the go signal before the cars even start rolling. At one minute Brian hits stage 1 Naws. At two minutes Dom passes him for the win.

So is it true that too much naws makes your passenger floor fall out???

• Like 1

Firebird is in AZ, I lived there a little while and yeah, keeping 10 and over seems to be the magic number. I am a much better bracket racer if I dial slow anyway.

9.99 and they really up the rules on you. All that chassis cert. and SFI crap. Thanks for telling me you hold. So I can push you out and dump you when we pair up. Just kidding, I race in sportsman anyways. Seriously, bring it to Pacific and bag it.

Since I am divulging weaknesses, my kryptonite is having to play catch up. I'll break out like 60% of the time. It's like a lose my mind and want to fly past as fast as I can. When I am about three foot short of the beam, I come to and go "oh shit" and lift, too late.

I wonder what kind of sauce the used for the fried rings....I bet they were delicious

I have it on my schedule that I am going to that restaurant next time I go to LA. So I will let you know.

Wierdly I have been going to Cha Cha Cha's for YEARS, and I only just realized that it is actually in FnF last time I watched it.

"hey vince whats the name of that cuban restaurant you always wanted to take me to?"

"Oh you mean the one with the little red candles?"

"yeah"

"Cha Cha Chas"

"well he can take me"

and by total coincidence they have 3 locations and the one I have been going to is the one they actually film in FnF.

Awesome food, I highly reccomend checking it out.