Wheel fit

mcordero8

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Edit your profile so we can see what year 620 you have.

Maybe you already have this covered, but:

As far as offset goes, the early trucks are different.  I learned that the hard way.  When I asked, everyone said I could run stock Chevy Steelies with no problems, but my '73 won't accept the same negative offset as the later trucks.  I had to run spacers front and rear just to get my 16x6.5" Chevy steelies on.  There is a benefit to running spacers though; you can run the smaller center bore.

Some other things to consider, the center bore and offset/backspacing.  In all honesty, I don't know what the centerbore is because I'm running early 720 hubs.  I believe you can have the hubs machined down to make it fit, but a spacer is cheaper.  Something else to consider is the width of the wheel.  Manual steering and wide tires is a chore in the parking lot.

To answer your question, yes it will fit.  That tire size is rated to be mounted on 6-8" rims.

I will let you do the research.  Go to TireRack, click tires, search for your size, click on a tire, click on "specs" (in blue under the pic of the tire), and that will tell you some dimension specs.  Everything I'm seeing mounts that tire on 6.5" rims, so the dimensions are different than what you're planning to do.  Hopefully someone will be able to respond and show you a pic of that tire/wheel combo.