SR20DET parts identifier thread

jovial_cynic

The piece on the intake mani is the one I think goes to either the brake booster or maybe part of the charcoal can setup.  Mine is capped, but it is a manifold pressure source.

The other little coolant line.  I stuck a flashlight down in there and it looked like it went to the IACV but maybe not.  I have all my wires routed in there so it is hard to see.  I will try to check again tomorrow.

How close are you to getting your project driving?  I saw in another thread that you got it running, congrats!  It's a good feeling to start it up :)

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah - got it fired up and breathing on its own. Ran terribly, and kept pinging like mad when I revved it... and then i realized that I had my fuel line connected at the regulator instead of at the rail, and my fuel return connected to the rail. So, backwards. I won't get much fuel pressure at the injectors with it connected that way. Ha.

• 2 months later...

ECDTq3ml.jpg

Ok.  In this photo, one of the ports is connected to the intake manifold... is this a vacuum line or a coolant line?

The port in the background has been previously identified as a coolant line that connects to the IACV.  However, there's nowhere for it to plug into the IACV.  Does anybody have a diagram of how it is actually connected?

I'm not sure if you'll see this or if you still need it jovial_cynic, but I found the picture I was looking for a while ago to better illustrate the IACV coolant lines.

P1020038.jpg

• 2 months later...

very good thread with lots of good info.

Here goes:

The front half of the valve cover T should go to the intake pre-turbo inlet. This will regulate crankcase pressure and vacuum vapors back through the engine.  It would be nice to also have a catch can on the front of the T before the intake.

I am missing this peice. Being attached pre-turbo would mean its always under vacuum (assuming the engine is running) and probably a pretty good deal of it. Currently the front of that T is just vented to atmosphere and my junk isn't leaking or dripping or dirtying up my engine bay at all. Now that i know where its supposed to go i'll probably plumb it in, i just wonder how necessary it is. Before reading this i was going to just stick a filter on it.

• 2 months later...

Is there a functional difference between the top left and the top right port on the SR throttle body, other than one being larger than the other?  I keep reading that the fuel pressure regulator connects to the top left, and other articles that say that it connects to the top right.  On my throttle body, the top right is larger and matches the size of the FPR port, so it seems like it should go there.  Any confirmation?

3 and 4 are coolant lines, they can be left off, they are there to heat the throttle body which you don't want anyways. 

Ok. #1 is actually circling two ports. The one on the left is open, and the one on the right is currently connected to the fuel pressure regulator.  My question is whether or not the left and the right are exactly the same and can be used interchangably, because I've read articles stating that the FRP needs to be connected to the left, and other articles saying that it needs to be connected to the right.