The Ratsun F1 Thread

RTB

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This article  pretty much rounds up my point in a nutshell.

I am a Raikkonen fan, however I am not gonna sit here and downplay one of the greatest F1 racers ever. Period.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1785311-analysing-sebastian-vettel-and-red-bull-is-the-car-flattering-the-f1-champion

And now when Redbull has a shit season because their car is terrible you are gonna blame vettel and say "oh well someone else could have pulled out wins in this terrible car" thats absurd, at least in some degree.

This article  pretty much rounds up my point in a nutshell.

I am a Raikkonen fan, however I am not gonna sit here and downplay one of the greatest F1 racers ever. Period.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1785311-analysing-sebastian-vettel-and-red-bull-is-the-car-flattering-the-f1-champion

And now when Redbull has a shit season because their car is terrible you are gonna blame vettel and say "oh well someone else could have pulled out wins in this terrible car" thats absurd, at least in some degree.

I wouldn't consider bleacherreport a place where I get a lot of insight on F1. Fact of the matter is if Vettel does not prove that he can overcome a crap car then he is no different than Damon Hill. To me the stars just aligned correctly for him the last 4 years. He got on the fastest team by far for this set of rules. The tires were very suited to the car and his style of driving. Elite drivers like Hamilton, Alonso, and Kimi can make mediocre cars look amazing. Look at what Alonso did in 2012. Kimi at Mclaren. Hamilton developing at Mercedes. They actually have had to drag their cars to compete. Vettel has lots of trouble actually passing people. Most of his victories he starts on the front row. In wheel to wheel racing he struggles. Brazil 2012, Hungaroring with Webber, I dont remember which race he got stuck behind a Lotus for a long time. He is amazing at setting a pace from the front and meeting lap times. But in terms of wheel to wheel racing, which he will have to do this year, he has struggled a lot. And that will expose him this year.

i know i just think it weakens the style of racing.... too many to follow ...i been watching a lot of le mans racing .... but i also watch them dizzy fuckers from down south ... but even that racing has gotten stale........ but i grew up on the dtm fix in the early 90's so im kinda biased .. watch the au super cars too they like to beat fenders ...

when i was 13 i would order a pizza on sunday night and watch all my vhs tapes i recorded the dtm racing on ... man i wish i still had a vcr

I have a VCR you can have

"Expose him"

you keep saying that like its gonna reduce the fact that he has 4 WCs, and is in 3rd place for most historically.

People will always badmouth the champions, its nothing new, people used to say this about Schumacher too, and Senna.

I say expose him as in prove that the car was so dominant that no one really had a chance. And if he doesn't have a great car this year I believe he will struggle a lot and throw huge fits.

• 2 weeks later...

The F1's are out to play in Melbourne today.

They are now hybrid cars and run with batteries.

They have lost that howling scream that you could hear from miles away.

Oh well. (yawn)

Back to the playstation.

I like the new sound. And the cars are even more fascinating this year than previous years in my opinion.

From all comments heard from the track today, You are actually the only person to like the new sound.

Each to their own of course but F1 basically died here today, in my opinion.

• Like 1

Yeah, I will not be following this season. F1 is sort of dead to me now. That was quite boring. They sound like really loud Honda Civics. (and I love Civics and I am unimpressed)

F1 is dead anyway with all the driver aids and regulations. Someone needs to come up with a new race series now that goes back to the roots.

Its all about WTC to me now a days.

F1 needs to change to stay relevant. The series is supposed to bring for technical development that will someday be used in road cars. Of course the old V8s sounded awesome, but still not nearly as cool as the old V10s. And say what you will about these new engines but they put out as much power as the v8s and 40% more torque

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=doiAnjUvqbo&feature=youtu.be

What driver's aids are there? They don't have traction control, ABS, dynamic aero, etc. ERS and DRS aren't drivers aids because they dont make the car any easier to drive. I think you just have a false sense of nostalgia for the way races "used" to be.

• Like 1

Man a lot of whiners everywhere about the sound, the cars and yet I found today's opening qualifications to be the most exciting in probably the last 5yrs!  There is a good mix of drivers out there this year and a new platform where everyone will learn on together; how is that not exciting?

It's good to shuffle the deck sometimes! 

Sorry mate but I liked my deck just how it was.

Screaming loud...

Yep Q3 was interesting viewing as an Aussie grabbed P2 but there is just something missing.

Maybe when they race in your town, you might even agree.

EDIT. If I wanted to hear a hybrid battery motor, I would buy a bloody Prius!

• Like 2