Are there any classic datsun/nissan shops near Chattanooga,TN?

I've been searching google but the only thing I come up with are ones in California. I'm wanting to try and get a job working in one. I'm no master technician I wouldn't even call myself a skilled mechanic. Mostly the only work I've done have been simple oil and brake changes or just removing and replacing parts. Mostly on my hardbody. I've built two engines with my dad standing over me but I feel like I could build one my self as long as I had some sort of directions and the right torque specs in front of me. I'll be going to auto tech at the local community college this fall so after that I'll be ase certified. I've always loved datsuns and nissans. My dad was a hotrod guy but he always kept atleast 1 or 2 620s around to get around town in. Later on he had a hardbody that he taught me how to drive stick in when I was a kid. My grandpa also had a turboed 280zx when I was little too. I can still remember how mad I got when he traded it in for a Cadillac of all things. I've got my own tools and transportation. I'm always on time, I always have a good attitude and I'm more than willing to learn anything anybody is willing to teach me about datsuns and being a mechanic. Even if the job is just sweeping floors and being a gopher I'd be interested just to get my foot in the door somewhere. Thanks a lot for any help in advance.

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sadly these guys are correct for my area as well. The south east isn't really a big area for classic imports. However, we do have carburetor shops, pro street shops, exhaust and suspension place for classic muscle and custom rods. I'm definitely not a muscle car fan, but you can gain the valuable skills you need working on pretty much any classic car.

Another great option are the body shops. People spend big bucks on american steel body work and if you can learn this trade it will be a huge skillset. Just remember you can't weld jtin like you can a 50s mercury :P