TARDIS Build 1979 KC Auto

isomswim

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Got some more slow work done today. Got one kickpanel card cut out and slightly fitted. now to get some carpet on it and a speaker in there. Also worked on getting the smog stuff removed from "new" manifold. Its all rusted shut so pretty slow going. 

Mail call

Another plastic sheet for passenger door

"new" uncracked exhaust manifold from Klassicmotion

LEDs for dash and interior. 

Anyone know the bulb type for the DX cab dome light?

Alrighty weekend update.

Got a little work done today.

New plugs came in from rockauto

IMG_20140223_133215_zps12bdd64f.jpg

For unknown age the old plugs look pretty good. Not totally wasted but needed to be changed

IMG_20140223_133224_zps6e4e5e52.jpg

Center console and custom auto shift knob are in

IMG_20140223_162534_zps62110a57.jpg

Passenger kick panel and speaker are mounted

IMG_20140223_162546_zpsd6891843.jpg

Got my bumper brackets cleaned up, painted and mounted. Got rid of the ugly bumper "bulges"

IMG_20140223_194252_zpsa7336a0e.jpg

IMG_20140223_194308_zps68c7c48b.jpg

Hopefully I can get my manifolds put back in this week. I ordered a gasket set but the exhaust gasket is way to small. Maybe I'll just cut my own

• Like 1

Alrighty HELP needed. I have bought or ordered many stupid bulb sockets and none of them have worked. They are for the instrument panel and I am only missing 1. I bought some on eBay and they are slightly too small. I just bought one from AutoZone and that was def too small. From what I can tell everywhere says they are supposed to be 1/2" sockets but that is not right. Every single one I have gotten has been too small and marked as 1/2". Any help appreciated. 

Alrighty truck is back in working order.

IMG_20140305_174301_zpsd0b16b26.jpg

So I pulled a duh moment today. While everything was apart I had gone ahead and replaced the spark plugs. After I got everything back together today it wanted to start but wouldnt stay running. Figured it was from everything just sitting for a few weeks. Finally took a look at the wires and I had miswired the 3-4 plugs. *Doh* So finally running nice and smooth again without a huge hole in the exhaust manifold, Thanks to Klassicmotion.

Also got some interior work done. Both kickpanels are in and speakers mounted. Started wiring the radio but not sure where to mount it yet. 

IMG_20140305_174353_zpsae150e45.jpg

Door panel for passenger side is 50%done. Have it cut just not trimmed yet, or taped up. 

• Like 1

Got a few things done today. Waiting a few things to finish dash then I can get it all back together and on the road again. 

Grille is back on. It's pretty cracked up in some areas so a new one may be in the works soon. I just ordered a Ratsun grill badge to set it all together. 

IMG_20140308_131023_zps93866efe.jpg

Passenger door card is all done and mounted in.

IMG_20140308_142038_zpsaa622c78.jpg

And the best mod so far. The PO had a Hulk key thing, but my Wife saw this piston one at Lowes and told me it would look cool for the Datsun keys

IMG_20140308_131429_zps4ba2cb19.jpg

Also mounted Clear/Amber front turn signal lenses

• Like 1

So putting my dash back together and of course I SHORT OUT the gauges. This then affects all of the interior lights and will not turn on with lights on. Finally cause another short that fixes the interior lights to the light switch but no luck on the gauge lights. Fuel gauge def works, but not sure about the temp gauge. Ugh wiring fun begins

So after some planning, frustration and shorting out fuses I am going with aftermarket gauges. Going to build a frame for the new gauges to to sit where the stock ones should go. Got Equus gauges. Speedometer, Tach, oil Press, water Temp, Fuel, and Volt

• 2 weeks later...