aftermarket clutch?

Roadster clutch plate 30210-20111 is now $476 list price.

SPEC clutch lists for 200mm datsun pressure plates ... as well as some other "ebay" brands ... Not confident on the quality of these.

Anyone have another cheap clutch option to hold a modified L20b ?

• Like 1
  • Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

In 200mm flywheel? Nothing comes close to the Roadster PP's clamping force of 650KG. The closest is 450Kg..

In 225mm flywheel size... 240/260/280z or 280zx non turbo are lighter than the 620 or 720 truck 225mm. Then use the matching PP they are all 550 Kg clamping force.

I would get a 240mm flywheel from a Z24 and a clutch from an '84-'86 300zx VG30T 600Kg of clamping force

Pressure plate...... 30210-P9600 @ $120

Clutch disc........... 30100-P9510 @ $119

Sleeve.................. 30501-K0401 @ $20

Bearing..................................... @ $32

Thanks mike, but I have a $400 lightweight 200mm flywheel. If I didn't I'd just get a full 225mm setup.

4.38 final drive, 281 duration cam, sidedrafts and a CR trans ... 240mm will be way too "heavy" for this setup.

Need to rev fast while drifting for clutch kicks.

I'm calling clutchnet to see if they have an option or just buying a HL510/200sx plate until I decide what to do.

Do the later HL510/200sx L20b 200mm clutches have higher clamping force ?? What about the truck L16? I can't find clamping force info anywhere online.

Stupid

I have  Spec brand 510 pressure plate in my 521 and it feels stronger than my Roadster Pressureplate in my 510. Which is better? I would think the Nissan one.

Be hones if I was going to do my 521 again I would use the stock 510/521 pressure plate as its only a daily driver and not really need a HiPo Clutch in it.

If one want more Pressure maybe get the 225mm Alum Flywheel and put the 620 Stage 1 Daiken.

I got my Spec band clutch from Importrp.com and also some spare Daiken  or Aisin disc and koyo T/O bearings from there. importrp is just a middle man but I had good luck with them. try entering 510 and see what pops up on the replacement parts. then try Performance parts.

As for Spec brand it came with a Valeo Korean disc and a Jap T/O bearing if I remember right . The Clutch itself did not have a place or orgin. So I dont know if made in USA or where ever. But I know my left leg is alot stronger now as one can tell its  alot more force to move it. Best to get a new slaves cylinders also.

remeber if your using a 510/521 set up order a 510/521 set up(200mm)

the later 200sx l20s use a 200mm set up but have a different diaphrame height other will youll need a 200sx t/o collar or have to adjust the rod at the slave cylinder.

Stupid, try a Roadster parts place maybe they have NOS Roadster at cheaper price

Yeah, continued looking a bit.

stock exedy (japanese) L20b pressure plate is $40 ... but I doubt it will survive drift/touge usage.

Clutchnet has good reviews, lists pressure plate/disc for 510 200mm application ... Waiting for them to call back I'll report back with what they say.

Spec is meh off-brand ... not confident on the quality especially since my clutch will see a lot of abuse.

"if I got the money" rather spend the $400 on a KA, or building a 2300 block.

I don't have money anymore.

The 510 stole everything.

Also just ordered a bride seat from jp so...

Also forgot to say that my clutch went out while driving away from home ... found that pesky clutch problem was the rivets on the roadster pressure plate breaking. fail on me for having the pedal/slave adjusted wrong I guess.

Called the shop that has my 510, they said clutch net was good.

It wasn't from the abuse, it was from being adjusted wrong.

I drive our family cars and my ZX gently and cautiously. 

However I don't require a car to get to work.  The only reason I own a car is for track events and weekend driving.  510 was always meant to be my race car.

edit- clutchnet has a coupon code for 20% off right now ... so ordered a stage 3 'red' pressure plate to go with my still good light flywheel and stock 200mm disc. I'll report back with how it performs once its installed.

Clutchnet make their own to order in the US. In California too so that's nice for me shipping should take 1 day.

Stage 3 was $233 w 20% winter discount. Not bad.

Yeah its why I didn't want centerforce. Spec does not have a great rep either. People seem to like cluthnet.

never hear of clutch net till you told us. Made to order and you get it in a day?  sounds fishey to me.  I just can believe all these clutch companies making clutches for Datsuns still.

The Spec I had works but wonder if Assembeled in China, As I hear bad rap on these also.

In dought buy Nissan , Daiken or Asco(aisin)

Put pressure plate on ground and compare the old one and new one use n  a ruler or measure tape and ck the clutch spring height in the center if not the same then I would be leary of installing it as you get the same proplem you had(MAYBE) adjustment

dont be surprised if it says Daiken on it. painted red.

maybe even Valeo

Get PHOTOS!!!!!!!!! if its good then it be a good place to get clutches

I meant since its in state, once they are done making it and ship it by ground it usually only takes a day to get to my house by UPS.

I heard it takes them 5 days make an order.

They called ... claimed stage 3 is 60% above factory holding force.

ITS RATSUN... you should assume pics will be taken. :)

• 2 weeks later...

I don't have it yet. lol.

I sent clutchnet an email today asking for time estimate ... Limitless will probably be able to drop it in within a few days once I have the pressure plate to them.

I will update when the car is up and driving around and the clutch is broken in.

YOU MUST LEARN PATIENCE BANZAI-SAN.

I know you have a 200mm light flywheel and are sticking with 200mm. But...

With a larger clutch surface and more diameter, you wont need as much clamping force. The reason you need clamping force is because of the small diameter. I have ran a stock 240mm MSA kit clutch in my truck for 2 years. Stock flywheel lightened to 16lbs. I also have the clutch hydraulics plumbed to release the clutch slower in 1st gear, to keep everything behind it alive. So it has a slight amount of slip at full throttle.7k launches. Has worked flawlessly so far.

With a bigger, heavier clutch you might loose some zing, but you will gain enertia. Torque. Good luck.

Yeah, but I didn't feel like spending another $600 into this car. if I hadn't found the clutchnet option I would have just thrown the 225mm stuff I have laying around from my ZX.

Next time, and for anyone looking to buy a clutch for sure just go with a lightweight 225mm Z/truck clutch setup.

the 225mm felt great on my ZX NA 2.8, ect.

I've been waiting too, I haven't touched my car in weeks.  They're putting it in today.  just got a call, apparently the slave cyl seal is leaking too.

Using old 510 disc, its only got 10k miles on it no point to replace it.

http://clutchnet.com/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=flypage.pbv.v2.tpl&product_id=16930&category_id=7563&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=140

it feels fine.

Pedal feel is a bit more soft than roadster PP.

Grabs about the same.  Drove around a bit to get it seated nicely to the disc... did a little clutch kick and it grabbed just fine. 

I'll update in a few months after its completely broken in and I have some skid pad  time.