Hi guys I'm doing a favor for a friend he's looking to buy a 2 door 510 but the problem is

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

No, here in the USA, it's about 50/50 right and left hand drive over here(western USA), I have a RHD mini, and there should be a lot of them in the east coast states, as your closer to England, while we have lots of Datsuns here in the pacific northwest, as we are closer to Japan.

Yea I see few minis around where I live and there all LHD now I know the reason why.

Seriously?

Better off looking for a virgin in a whorehouse, or a side of ham at a Bar Mitzvah, both will be easier to find.

As my honorary Aussie Tristin said, Ozdat and Gumtree would be good places to post WTB adds.

Also www.sydneydatsunclub.com, and it would be worth giving Baz at Datsport a call.

RHD 2 door coupes are uber rare, and RHD 2 door sedans, unless someone has imported one and done a conversion, well..............

Hopefully your "friend" has a pocket full of cash, if you find one neither of these beasties will be cheap.

Happy hunting.

• Like 1

Seriously?

Better off looking for a virgin in a whorehouse, or a side of ham at a Bar Mitzvah, both will be easier to find.

As my honorary Aussie Tristin said, Ozdat and Gumtree would be good places to post WTB adds.

Also www.sydneydatsunclub.com, and it would be worth giving Baz at Datsport a call.

RHD 2 door coupes are uber rare, and RHD 2 door sedans, unless someone has imported one and done a conversion, well..............

Hopefully your "friend" has a pocket full of cash, if you find one neither of these beasties will be cheap.

Happy hunting.

Thank you bro I will let him know much love and by the why Happy New Years eve

Doesn't Australia permit Left Hand Drive, unconverted, cars and light trucks to be registered as long as they are over 25 years old?  A friend of mine took his 1965 Mustang to Perth and after a squabble over valuation [tax collectors!] got to register and drive it without conversion.  I believe there's a warning decal required to go on the rear or rear bumper to alert following drivers that is was a driver, not a passenger in the left front seat.

• Like 1

Doesn't Australia permit Left Hand Drive, unconverted, cars and light trucks to be registered as long as they are over 25 years old?  A friend of mine took his 1965 Mustang to Perth and after a squabble over valuation [tax collectors!] got to register and drive it without conversion.  I believe there's a warning decal required to go on the rear or rear bumper to alert following drivers that is was a driver, not a passenger in the left front seat.

Yes, you can register/drive LHD cars here though different States have varying rules on the rego conditions.

South Australia by way of example has a prescribed Left hand drive registration which only allows the car to be driven for up to 90 days a year.

New South Wales stipulates car must be older than 30 years if its going to be LHD, but has no restrictions on the number of days it can be driven.

Then theres getting the cars to comply with certain provisions stiulated in the Australian design rules.

A bit of a headache to do, but doable if someone wants to jump through the various hoops.

• Like 2

Yes, you can register/drive LHD cars here though different States have varying rules on the rego conditions.

South Australia by way of example has a prescribed Left hand drive registration which only allows the car to be driven for up to 90 days a year.

New South Wales stipulates car must be older than 30 years if its going to be LHD, but has no restrictions on the number of days it can be driven.

Then theres getting the cars to comply with certain provisions stiulated in the Australian design rules.

A bit of a headache to do, but doable if someone

wants to jump through the various hoops.

Thank you I will let him know about this info