Prefabbed stub axles to use R160 VLSD in 510?

Ghetto Jack

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

They are only a fab up situation and you will have to find a shop on your own, since I have no clue about what Cleveland has!

There are a couple of articles online about it and one of them is here on the Ratsun done by Robert Powell. He used the VW stub axles and factory Subaru stubs to fab up a solution. And a few others.

Just punch in needs into the search bar and start reading.

So does Beta Motorsports through Wolfcreek Racing. 

Well not really, Beta did sell them, Now it's Wolfcreek. But they are mine. I helped Beta with the first design. And have been making them for both of them. So what I'm getting at is I'm the shop making these...

• Like 1

Don't tell me you bought a set....

No, not yet. I was going to fab up a set using the original subi stubs and the VW stubs like Robert Powell did.

But, I am now thinking of switching out the gears from the VLSD to the CLSD as they appear to be the same. We are talking about the R-160, right?

• Like 1

Well not really, Beta did sell them, Now it's Wolfcreek. But they are mine. I helped Beta with the first design. And have been making them for both of them. So what I'm getting at is I'm the shop making these...

Good to know. Always nice to buy direct from a Ratsuner. 

No, not yet. I was going to fab up a set using the original subi stubs and the VW stubs like Robert Powell did.

But, I am now thinking of switching out the gears from the VLSD to the CLSD as they appear to be the same. We are talking about the R-160, right?

I pretty sure mine will fit the R160. But I'll let you know for sure in a bit.

• 1 month later...