71 B110 Sedan Help me tow?

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well turns out owner is just going to scrap it...  So I said I will buy for scrap price.  Would anyone help me tow this thing home if I get it?  Its located in Sparks, NV and I am in Tracy, CA.  One way is just over 200 miles.  I will pay for your service, gas, ect.

If you will help out PM me and if I settle on a price with the owner I will let you know so we can work something out!  Don't want to see this get SCRAPED!

200 miles isn't that bad. 6hrs round trip.. just rent a tow dolly and go fetch. Spend a day out on the road; the car will mean more to you in the long run :)

I would but I don't have a truck to tow it other than my Datsun 620.. which won't do it over the pass.  None of my friends or family have a large truck... 

California Uhaul is BS!  They wont let you use a pickup for long distance.  You have to rent a moving truck.  Which they then charge by the mile.. which would then equal large amounts of money.  

I even looked into a pickup rental at car rental places but being under 25 disqualifies me...  

I have been debating it since I know I can pull with my LZ and my brakes are disc up front... Just seems sketchy going over some steep passes.

Not sure if Uhaul will let me rent a trailer if I show up with my 620..  :lol:   Guess its worth a shot

Rent a dolly and say your just moving a Ford festiva car a couple miles.. I have seen plenty of 620/521s tow cars alot bigger than a 1200 with stock hamster power and drum brakes with no problems.

Adventures are to be had.

In my younger, more foolish days, I towed a 280zx with my 521 through an icy pass. I would NEVER do that again, nor recommend such tomfoolery, but indeed, if you have a stripped down b110, and an LZ powered, disc braked 620 to pull it, I think you'll fare better than I did(...though I came out unscathed).

Im going to go this route first then..  Just waiting on the owner to see how much scrap is for it and then see if we can come to a price (im sure scrap is nothing since its so light).  The only bad thing with the car is it is backfeed here 650 dollars... which is a lot of money.  But if it as he says it is and looks in the pictures I think it would be worth it?

He has hooked me in here by saying he is going to scrap it.. I don't want to see this get scraped.  Not sure how rare these are but I don't see them often at all..

In my younger, more foolish days, I towed a 280zx with my 521 through an icy pass. I would NEVER do that again, nor recommend such tomfoolery, but indeed, if you have a stripped down b110, and an LZ powered, disc braked 620 to pull it, I think you'll fare better than I did(...though I came out unscathed).

This is exactly the adventure I will have as it has just snowed over all the passes.... I think you are recommending it again :D

Only you know the capabilities of your own vehicle. If you don't think it's capable, or if the weather be too foul, it's better to stay on the safe side; for your sake, and for the safety of others sharing the road with you.

I know the brakes work good.. engine pulls hard..  weather is my concern then.  I guess it wont hurt to do a dry run with some weight in the bed to see how it does.