Pushing water out of the radiator cap

kevins750

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I think on a long trip it would push/boil all water out....the truck does get warm(I have never let it get in the last 1/3 of the gauge before I fill it....I have never seen white smoke or excess water out the tailpipe(usually I get a little when I start the truck for the first time), I guess what makes me think head gasket was the fluid smell and the frothing of the fluid...No water in the oil pan..Plugs are all the same brown color and the truck runs pretty good actually...

I think your too high..... lol ........its sounding like a simple thing now more then a hg......yea!!!!!!

don't worry I tripped out too when I kept fiding my coolant below the line I left it but then I thought about it and seen it push coolant ....im with mike set up even a temporary recovery system just to help .....drive the shit out of it and don't be afraid to get it warm ... l series can take some heat ......the only way your gonna really find out the problem is to drive it and keep a eye on it and try the things suggested..... most times a blown headgasket will run worse the more u use it ..... I

Well I think it gave up the ghost today...Put the new cap and tank on, went for a nice long drive. temps looked great and then noise from under the hood (like massive exhaust leak} and barely limped home...Water is bubbling in the radiator on start up and moisture is constant at the pipe...I can pull plug wires on 2 or 3 and motor stay's same rpm's but 1 or 4 kill the motor..vacuum is down from 22 to 12 and motor shakes...Well if it did blow, better today than being in the middle of nowhere and blowing....