Severe Vibrations...

r@+5un620

Long story short lowered the truck down with torsions decided my gigantic ass self need not stoop that low to get into truck, raised back up now vibrates like a mofo at random times. :confused:  I had a shop look at it say looks fine, and i made no slop in any steering components. Could it be the tires needing balanced? Did I make it to high idk at this point im stumped...

sorry for the shitty pic im too damn sick to go out and take another

null_zps6080df67.jpg

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Any ride height change affects both camber and toe (even slightly) on the 620.

Other causes...

Driveshaft balance weight fell off.

Driveshaft bent/damaged.

U joint.

Wheel balance weight fell off.

Brake drum broken.

Lugs loose

Wheel bearing pre load incorrect

Broken trans or motor mount rubber insulator or loose bolts

Loose motor to trans bolts..

Thanks for the reply if im feeling better tomorrow i will check some of these out but i think im leaning toward the first one bc when i feel it its all in the steering wheel not in the shifter so i think i can rule out the driveshaft, motor and trans... but in your opinion does it look like stock height? i searched it but cant find any exact measurements...

Well time to raise the front end and look at it yourself. You say it was checked out and was OK but now you say it's all in the steering wheel. That violent random shimmy sounds like the 'the wobble of death' and is usually the idler arm. At the least it seems to be steering related. Get it up and start looking for something loose. Grab the tires front and back and turn left and right like you are shaking them. Grab top and bottom and do the same.

While up inspect the tire for damage and lumps.

Have someone wobble the steering wheel back and forth while you watch the steering components.

Look at both sides of the rim for the imprint of a mission wheel weight.

Look at the brake drum... is there a piece broken off of it?

Set the truck on level ground. Line the front tire up straight ahead in line with the rear tire behind it. Stand out front 50 feet and sight across the front tire sidewalls and see that they line up with the rear ones. Now go over to the other side. It it the same or are you looking at the tread on the wheel tire? If it isn't the same, the alignment is out. If you can see it... it's enough to need adjustment.

solved two spokes on the front driverside rim are cracked i dont know how they missed it at shop. but you cant  really see it sitting still took me like 4 hours to discover them. i drove around the block and had my wife watch and listen and she said looks like your front wheel is going up and down alot so i checked everything behind it nothing wrong anyways im running a spare rim and everythings normal now thanks guys.   :thumbup: