Need some help with my Datsun 510 guys!

Hey Guys,

My name is Changez, I bought a Datsun P510 a month ago and trying to rebuild it.

I am actually from Vienna, Austria...but currently in Karachi, Pakistan on visit.

I drive usually a Nissan 200sx S13, and this is my first 510, found it after searching for it over 1 year now.

Its a 1971 model with 1600cc engine, 4 door, pretty rusty right now, we have scraped the paint and started denting.

Some things I would like to know, I think u guys here are professionals and can answer my questions.

Which Twincarb can I swap in plug and play?

how can I get more HP out of this engine?

Which differential can I swap in? or should i just get the oem diff. rebuild?

I have columshift right now, i would like to use some groundshift gearbox. Which ones would fit in there?

I wanted to change the Wheels to, but not sure if 15 or 16 with 8J would be oki? I want to keep the original size of the fenders.

I hope u guys can help me out here..

thanks

cheers

Changez

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hitachi twin S Us with manifold from the Japan L16SSS or L18SSS motor.

The above plus ate cam from an L20B or after market cam with even more lift and duration.

Later Subaru diffs came with LSD but not really needed on an L16. Try for 4.11 ratio for more acceleration.

You have a 3 speed most likely.The F4W63 4 speed fits but is floor shift so a hole and dust boot installed. A 5 speed is more work and only gains you a slight MPG if you are on the highway a lot or have a 4.11 or higher rear diff.

Stock wheels are 13" and (in my opinion) going more than one size larger looks goofy. Nissan has some nice factory mags in 14" I have S110 mags on my 710 and I like them.

[/url]">http://kjp3a82c.jpg

How do I post pix here??

Hitachi twin S Us with manifold from the Japan L16SSS or L18SSS motor.

The above plus ate cam from an L20B or after market cam with even more lift and duration.

Later Subaru diffs came with LSD but not really needed on an L16. Try for 4.11 ratio for more acceleration.

You have a 3 speed most likely.The F4W63 4 speed fits but is floor shift so a hole and dust boot installed. A 5 speed is more work and only gains you a slight MPG if you are on the highway a lot or have a 4.11 or higher rear diff.

Stock wheels are 13" and (in my opinion) going more than one size larger looks goofy. Nissan has some nice factory mags in 14" I have S110 mags on my 710 and I like them.

Thank you for the quick reply datzenmike.

I cant find any L16SSS or L18SSS carb here in Pak.

Are there any after market ones I can use? or any Weber or similar Datsun Carb?

We have a lot of Datsun 120y or Datsun 1200 around, can I use any of the parts from them?

About the rims, I wanna go atleast 15", but not sure how much offset etc. 15x8 with +20 maybe? would those fit on oem fenders?

cheers

15x7 +20s should work I have 15x7 +25

if this car is going to stay in Pakistan I would make it more a ralley car anf lift the suspensiton up more with good gas shocks Arnt most of the roads bad in Pakistan?

get a Weber 32.36 DGV 5A manual choke.

if you have a automatic then you need a clutch and brake pedal aseemble and the manual gas pedal also.

be honest this could be a big hassle(proplem) finding those parts.

Best just to put a weber DGV carb on there and just drive it. till another 510 shows up or a broke manual one you find in the derest soemwhere next to a Broke Humvee