Zero B210 - Augusta, GA

mrstarr

zero38_jpg.jpg

zero32_jpg.jpg

zero08_jpg.jpg

Old Pictures of my B210, Zero, it even had its own website!  

See lots of more pictures here:

http://zero.peachcountry.com/

Zero has had some adventures...

This car previously belonged to my grandfather, who was a P38, P40, and P39 pilot in WW2 out of New Guinea.  He flew against Zeros, so I thought it would be epic to paint it up like a Zero.  He's still alive today and kicking, but doesn't know about the paint scheme I gave his former car ;-)  He wrecked the front slightly, and I told him, I want it (I was driving some piece of crap back then), so he bought it from the insurance company for $200 and gave it to me.  It served me well for many, many years.  I practically drove the car slap wore out, until the white paint was chalking off and the plastic crumbling.  I swore I'd drive the car until it dissolved into its component molecules... I loved it so much.

I once took four... count them... four girls.. to the high school prom in it... in big poofy dresses... my girlfriend and her three girlfriends in the back that had no ride...

I once parked it under a bridge and slept over night camping in it, and in the morning, the grass was so wet, I got all four tires stuck so deep in the muck the car underneath rested on the ground.   An ambulance drove by overhead sirens blasting, as they had (we found out later at the gas station up the road), gotten a report of some car that went off a bridge.  Anyway, I came up on the spot with a rather ingenious way of getting Zero out.   I jacked up the back bumper, put the spare tire under it, lowered the back bumper onto the spare tire, and "rolled' the rear of the car one foot to the right, out of the holes and onto solid ground.  I then repeated the process on the front bumper.  In effect, with noting but a jack and a spare tire, I had lifted the entire car up out of the four holes it was stuck in, and set it one foot to the right on solid ground!

I once took my friend to see his date, and he got too frisky with her, broke her dad's guitar strings, and we had to "hitail" it out of there as the guy was threatening to "get his gun".

After roller skating once, at a traffic light, I once had a bunch of hillbillies in the car next to me offer to trade their car for my car, right then and there.  I declined.

The locals referred to Zero as "the liquor car", as the big red dot on the side looks like the red dot on package shops.

I once parked near a Japanese Restaurant to go to a movie theater, and the old lady sweeping out front inside... just looked... and looked, and went in to get someone else to come and see...   I suppose its not often... not ever... deep in redneck georgia you'd see a meatball on the side of a car and a Rising Sun Japanese Imperial War flag on the roof.    The city slicker cowboys at the local country dance hall didn't take nearly as nice a shine to my little paint scheme... but $^^&* them!

She was a head turner...

~

I made the mistake of donating my beloved and cared for B210 to my dad (in running condition) because I had two Zcars (280zx turbo and 300zx   see picture http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m145/mrstarr/Zs/DSC_3119.jpg )....    and all I was doing was keeping the B210 running...  against the odds... keeping tires on it (a challenge in itself when you have two other cars).

He in no short order ripped out the engine for no reason at all, took off the headlights and turn signals, took off the front steering gear, and took a bloody $%!@#$% blowtorch to the rear wheel axle and cut off the rear wheel drums.  All for a project car he was building from scratch... which never really ran very well, and now sits abandoned and derelict.

My poor B210 lays today on the ground....  I just recently cut away the trees growing around it so they wouldn't damage it further.

http://dcim2.peachcountry.com/DSC_7898.JPG

http://dcim2.peachcountry.com/DSC_7899.JPG

It was an awesome car, and I promise to restore it someday.  I think my dad is done doing his fucktarded shit to it now, and I can go rip it back to me.   The thing ran like a swiss watch and parts were cheap for it; it was spacious and roomy.   My zcars by comparison... are total unreliable lemons... I hate them.

So somehow I need to get a new rear axle from pullapart for it, and new front steering gear, so I can at least put tires on it and roll it away from one end of the farm over to my house, where I can clean it up and curse and swear more at my dad for his absolute stupidity.  Best damn car we've ever owned, and he cuts it up and tears it to pieces, when he could of gotten everything he wanted off of it... from some junk car... somewhere else.   He destroyed my running B210 and my moms running Honda Civic on his stupid project that never materialized into anything useful.

I gave my black 300zx to my niece, and still have my 280zx turbo (which is a piece of shit lemon), but now almost exclusively drive... motorcycles (Honda Rebel, Honda CM450, GX250).  The motorcycles are everything I wanted the Zcar to be but weren't...  cheap, reliable, easy to work on and maintain, fast, and dependable.  So I'll keep the 280zx turbo as it was my first sports car, and never buy another car ever again.   Twenty years of keeping these Datsun zcars running, and i'm just sick of cars.

Anyway, I thought I'd share.  Enjoy!

It was an awesome amatuer drifting car!  I'd drift with Zero through the pecan orchard on leaves and slippery grass, and never once hit a tree....   mad skillz....  ;-)    Handled like a butterfly (without power steering even, mind you!)

~

I always felt what Herbie was for Volkswagons, and the General Lee was for Dodge Chargers, and Christine was for Plymouth Fury's....   Zero was for the lowly humble Datsun B210's.  

The one little spokescar with a personality and character.  Not the fastest, or dreamiest, or fastest, or anything... just the spunky one with the paint job that magically gave her.... some character.... and that somehow... imparted her with a bit more "soul",  than other cars....  

If a can of rattle paint... that is...  could be... magic...

• Like 1
  • Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Awesome story. Thank you for sharing and thank your grandfather for his contributions to protecting our nation. It's sad to see that your father didn't have as much respect for Zero as you did, but with determination I'm sure you will be able to create more memories.

If I'm not mistaken, you can source a rear end from a 200sx and possibly get rear disc brakes and a stronger differential.

Are you planning on going back to an A-series engine?

Good luck with your resto, Glad to see another Georgia B210/210 on the site.

Hey B210GX...My B210 doesn't have that chrome thingy sticking out of the hood. Maybe it fell off! 

Great story Mrstarr! BTW, the use of "b210" bugged me too. 

I LOVE my B210. I think it is the coolest little car, and fun as hell to drive. I have learned that beauty is definitely in the eye of the beholder with these though. I have some friends who are classic car buffs and they wonder who the hell would fix up a B210. Me, that's who!

• Like 1

zero38_jpg.jpg

zero32_jpg.jpg

zero08_jpg.jpg

Old Pictures of my B210, Zero, it even had its own website!

See lots of more pictures here:

http://zero.peachcountry.com/

Zero has had some adventures...

This car previously belonged to my grandfather, who was a P38, P40, and P39 pilot in WW2 out of New Guinea. He flew against Zeros, so I thought it would be epic to paint it up like a Zero. He's still alive today and kicking, but doesn't know about the paint scheme I gave his former car ;-) He wrecked the front slightly, and I told him, I want it (I was driving some piece of crap back then), so he bought it from the insurance company for $200 and gave it to me. It served me well for many, many years. I practically drove the car slap wore out, until the white paint was chalking off and the plastic crumbling. I swore I'd drive the car until it dissolved into its component molecules... I loved it so much.

I once took four... count them... four girls.. to the high school prom in it... in big poofy dresses... my girlfriend and her three girlfriends in the back that had no ride...

I once parked it under a bridge and slept over night camping in it, and in the morning, the grass was so wet, I got all four tires stuck so deep in the muck the car underneath rested on the ground. An ambulance drove by overhead sirens blasting, as they had (we found out later at the gas station up the road), gotten a report of some car that went off a bridge. Anyway, I came up on the spot with a rather ingenious way of getting Zero out. I jacked up the back bumper, put the spare tire under it, lowered the back bumper onto the spare tire, and "rolled' the rear of the car one foot to the right, out of the holes and onto solid ground. I then repeated the process on the front bumper. In effect, with noting but a jack and a spare tire, I had lifted the entire car up out of the four holes it was stuck in, and set it one foot to the right on solid ground!

I once took my friend to see his date, and he got too frisky with her, broke her dad's guitar strings, and we had to "hitail" it out of there as the guy was threatening to "get his gun".

After roller skating once, at a traffic light, I once had a bunch of hillbillies in the car next to me offer to trade their car for my car, right then and there. I declined.

The locals referred to Zero as "the liquor car", as the big red dot on the side looks like the red dot on package shops.

I once parked near a Japanese Restaurant to go to a movie theater, and the old lady sweeping out front inside... just looked... and looked, and went in to get someone else to come and see... I suppose its not often... not ever... deep in redneck georgia you'd see a meatball on the side of a car and a Rising Sun Japanese Imperial War flag on the roof. The city slicker cowboys at the local country dance hall didn't take nearly as nice a shine to my little paint scheme... but $^^&* them!

She was a head turner...

~

I made the mistake of donating my beloved and cared for B210 to my dad (in running condition) because I had two Zcars (280zx turbo and 300zx see picture http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m145/mrstarr/Zs/DSC_3119.jpg ).... and all I was doing was keeping the B210 running... against the odds... keeping tires on it (a challenge in itself when you have two other cars).

He in no short order ripped out the engine for no reason at all, took off the headlights and turn signals, took off the front steering gear, and took a bloody $%!@#$% blowtorch to the rear wheel axle and cut off the rear wheel drums. All for a project car he was building from scratch... which never really ran very well, and now sits abandoned and derelict.

My poor B210 lays today on the ground.... I just recently cut away the trees growing around it so they wouldn't damage it further.

http://dcim2.peachcountry.com/DSC_7898.JPG

http://dcim2.peachcountry.com/DSC_7899.JPG

It was an awesome car, and I promise to restore it someday. I think my dad is done doing his fucktarded shit to it now, and I can go rip it back to me. The thing ran like a swiss watch and parts were cheap for it; it was spacious and roomy. My zcars by comparison... are total unreliable lemons... I hate them.

So somehow I need to get a new rear axle from pullapart for it, and new front steering gear, so I can at least put tires on it and roll it away from one end of the farm over to my house, where I can clean it up and curse and swear more at my dad for his absolute stupidity. Best damn car we've ever owned, and he cuts it up and tears it to pieces, when he could of gotten everything he wanted off of it... from some junk car... somewhere else. He destroyed my running B210 and my moms running Honda Civic on his stupid project that never materialized into anything useful.

I gave my black 300zx to my niece, and still have my 280zx turbo (which is a piece of shit lemon), but now almost exclusively drive... motorcycles (Honda Rebel, Honda CM450, GX250). The motorcycles are everything I wanted the Zcar to be but weren't... cheap, reliable, easy to work on and maintain, fast, and dependable. So I'll keep the 280zx turbo as it was my first sports car, and never buy another car ever again. Twenty years of keeping these Datsun zcars running, and i'm just sick of cars.

Anyway, I thought I'd share. Enjoy!

It was an awesome amatuer drifting car! I'd drift with Zero through the pecan orchard on leaves and slippery grass, and never once hit a tree.... mad skillz.... ;-) Handled like a butterfly (without power steering even, mind you!)

~

I always felt what Herbie was for Volkswagons, and the General Lee was for Dodge Chargers, and Christine was for Plymouth Fury's.... [/size]Zero was for the lowly humble Datsun B210's.

The one little spokescar with a personality and character. Not the fastest, or dreamiest, or fastest, or anything... just the spunky one with the paint job that magically gave her.... some character.... and that somehow... imparted her with a bit more "soul", than other cars....

If a can of rattle paint... that is... could be... magic...

Nice car. Nice history behind it.

Agree with previous comment, it is a "210" , not a "B"-210.

Equally exciting car. I thought about the "Zero" scheme myself for one of my cars.

White body, perhaps red hood, and the "Zero" touch, black front area, ( grille, bumper , valance and part of hood, fenders,) to give it that Zero muzzle in black.

Keep it up !