Unofficial vote on classifieds

Guest 510kamikazifreak

Unofficial poll  

28 members have voted

1. 1. Return the classifieds to the old way

• Fuck yeah
    • Fuck no
    • Give freak another ban

I use the classifieds and they seem to work just like any other classifieds.

If I want to sell something, I make an ad and people buy my stuff.

If I want something, I post and ad and get the stuff I wanted.

If I feel like I want to window shop I browse them, there is some good shit in there.

...and I don't get any of the cl types and I don't have a bunch of people chiming in on my ads that aren't buying or selling anything. Works great for me :)

• Like 2
  • Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Man you must know the secret handshake or something,  I got mildly chided for just asking how the change might have affected traffic to the site  :blush:

But here you go.... not that it will change anything but here's my pos/neg list.

New classified positives:

-Easy upload and management of pics - a huge positive in my book

-No stagnant ads / necroposts

-No price bashing  - another pet peave

-No bumping of ads i.e. people bumping too frequently (also a negative if your ad gets stale and on page 26 - some people may not realize they want your part until they see it and therefore don't search for it in the first place - i.e. no impulse sales activity, but then again I guess one can always place the ad again after 30 days)

New classified negatives:

-If you don't fill out the form right, or there's any missing info, go back to square one and try again, you fail !  Hope you copied your writeup to the clipboard.

-No historical references /  no helpful hints about what you are buying or selling

-No banter, thus no idea what's getting 'play' or if anyone is remotely interested in your part, even if it's a 'glwts' or 'wish you were closer' (yes there's a view count, but were those views all someone turning up their noses ?)

-Proliferation of other topic areas in order to address previous 2 negatives, thus re-creating some of the same problems (but in their defense, those were consolations made by the admins to appease the bitching masses - me included)

Let them speak...

1. Fuck yeah (16 votes [84.21%])

3. Fuck no (1 votes [5.26%])

5. Give freak another ban (2 votes [10.53%])

unofficial results

And they have. Only 17 member cared to respond.

Man you must know the secret handshake or something,  I got mildly chided for just asking how the change might have affected traffic to the site  :blush:

But here you go.... not that it will change anything but here's my pos/neg list.

New classified positives:

-Easy upload and management of pics - a huge positive in my book

-No stagnant ads / necroposts

-No price bashing  - another pet peave

-No bumping of ads i.e. people bumping too frequently (also a negative if your ad gets stale and on page 26 - some people may not realize they want your part until they see it and therefore don't search for it in the first place - i.e. no impulse sales activity, but then again I guess one can always place the ad again after 30 days)

New classified negatives:

-If you don't fill out the form right, or there's any missing info, go back to square one and try again, you fail !  Hope you copied your writeup to the clipboard.

-No historical references /  no helpful hints about what you are buying or selling

-No banter, thus no idea what's getting 'play' or if anyone is remotely interested in your part, even if it's a 'glwts' or 'wish you were closer' (yes there's a view count, but were those views all someone turning up their noses ?)

-Proliferation of other topic areas in order to address previous 2 negatives, thus re-creating some of the same problems (but in their defense, those were consolations made by the admins to appease the bitching masses - me included)

Sorry Ben but things were still raw from all the bitching at the time. (and now from trolling to stir up shit) This is a dead issue and bringing it up is just sour grapes. So similar posts will be stopped. If you have something to contribute, fine bring it on. Bitching is not contributing. Bitching to agitate others is worse it's disruptive. It's been said before that this is not a democracy and that we are guests here. I would love to have things roll along peacefully but if I have to I will step in 

Ratsun Rules

We have implemented the following guide for using our community forums. This guide is designed to keep the relaxed and welcoming atmosphere of our community.

• We reserve the right to remove any topics we deem inappropriate or disruptive to our community. Please note that, from time to time, topics may be removed for being inappropriate even though your individual post in that topic may have been perfectly fine. Please do not feel this reflects badly on you.
  • Having fun is good, we like fun. There are a couple general forums for non-Datsun related topics. Please keep it positive and polite. We do not censor opinions or ideas on our forums but we do take action against posts and/or topics that could cause unrest in the community beyond a civil and polite disagreement.
  • You may not make personal attacks on other users or staff members either in public forums or private messages.
  • We reserve the right to ban any member who violates our guidelines or disrupts our community. We will be fair and provide warning in most cases.
  • Transactions carried out on the classifieds or on the forum are done at your own risk. We have a feedback system to help keep everybody honest, but we are not responsible for deals made through Ratsun.
  • This is a community forum, and staff is not required to remove any post they feel benefits the community.