82 210 wagon. ideas and help.

Gatlin_210

So nit only is this my first datsun, its also my first car. Ive grown up and learned everything thier is to know about dubs but honestly im a little lost with my wagon. I went out one night to buy a mk3 vr jetta, and came home with a A15 210 wagon. Runs great. Needs body work and seats need to be redone. But what really beats the hell out of me is it runs perfect, not a flaw, i got it for 350$, and the best part is, 50,xxx original miles. So i couldnt pass it up . Im new to the forum but help is all i need. I dont know really where to find parts. And i can always use help and ideas. Im completely losy on how to lower it. Coils or springs, i dont know where to find small things like emblems , etc. I do plan on doing a weber soon. Also in progress of doing exhuast, cat delete with new muffler. But is thier anytjimg else i can do with this? Again ideas and suggestions are greatly apprecited . Thanks for looking.

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Do not increase the exhaust pipe more than 1/4" in diameter. Get a low restriction muffler but not a straight through one. Turbo mufflers are ok but you may need a resonator with it as well.

The 210 has coil spring all round. They can be cut down but use caution, once cut you can't put it back. If you decide to lower it we'll discuss this later.

Do you plan to go fast in it? Maybe larger rims (14"?) and fatty tires? If so you might want to think about swapping 280zx struts in. They have huge calipers and vented rotors but will need a rim that will clear them and some tire. This is a really nice brake up grade. By itself maybe not a good idea but with rims and tires, larger master cylinder and lowered with stiffer springs it would be killer.

• Like 1

You may have gotten a good deal. Be aware that depending on the number of digits on the odometer, 50xxx miles could be 150xxx, 250xxx oe 350xxx miles. After all, this is a 1982 model. My advice would be to drive it for a while and see if it' worth investing time and money in a 31 year old drive train and body. Does MarylandDMV offer an ownership / registration trace? You just might want to get State Registration confirmation of the stated mileage. Hopefully you have a 7 digit including tenths of a mile or a six digit and trip odometer odometer in the car, don't know what year Nissan switched over to the expanded digit odometer. In Japan, few vehicles are kept beyond 10 year or 60,000 Kilometers, so the odometers were normally only 5 digits.

Did see something about the 280zx struts. Dont plan on racing it, more just low and slow. I mean it id only a 1.5 cylindet engine. 3sp. Automatic. But its always a help. Glad you said something about the exhuast. Was goinf to go from stock to 2 1/4" . Not no more lol. Also i heard cuttinf the springs arent the way to go. Can you get cust springs? Or custom coils? Would rathet go springs. And it is a 6 digit odometer that reads 050,487. Titles states this also. Im almost 95% sure its correct. I bought it from a older ladir that got it from her mom. She boughf it beand new when she was 74, barely drove it, passed and the duaghter got it, which she was a "country" girl that only believed in amarican made vehicles and trucks. So it sat for 2 yeara, explaing the rust. Luckily the floors and undrrneath are as solid as can be. The fenders, not so much. Pics to come soon