Scored a cheap 72 240z last night

City Hunter

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

is the engine any good?

So, I made some more progress on the car today. Well, I have a few holes "craters" on my passenger side floor board lol. I know it wasnt that good, but it isn;t horrible bad. The seat mounts and that cross section is still solid. I havent decided if I should cut the whole thing out or just weld in a few patch panels. The drivers side shouldnt be as bad as it felt much more solid when I jabbed at it with my screwdriver from the underside when i first picked it up.

I also got the emblems off, the rear tail lights, molding, and even the window chrome gutter trim which came off pretty damn easily.

yes it ran and drove when pulled, it however ran kinda poorly (at times) but when the guy took the engine out of the car for us he noticed that some vaccum lines were pinched and or not attatched properly an he said that was what the problem was, the guy that removed the engine / tranny for us is a mechanic at Germal Formula in portland off sandy, his names bryan he's a nice guy, he also has a 280zx turbo its fucking sweet, if you check the blue lake pics its the black one with the nice fmic and intake mani an msa body kit, anyways the engine does run for sure but im sure a little tune up wouldnt hurt.. but i think the cap, rotor, spark plugs and wires are new.. not sure on that tho i do know some of its new tho.. the motors completely in stock form, j-pipe ect.. no manifolds or turbo or nothin has been removed, we even have a extra brake MC and clutch MC also some power steering crap ect ect.. he also has a borg warner T5 that needs REBUILT he'd be willing to sell also for a cheap price (providing you bought the engine ofcourse)

call me man 503 560 1299, you know me, im josh.. we worked on the ka 620 bla bla