Lets see if anyone can figure it out.

720_KID

Alright first off, i have an 86 720 TBI. the problem here is that when i start up my truck it idles at 3k then it slowly start to rev higher and higher. i checked if anything was disconnected on the throttle body but it was all connected properly. started it again and it still was idling high. I honeslty dont know what can be the problem causing this, anyone know what it might be?

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Well it turns out it was the whole throttle body that was causing the high idle. But I encountered a new problem now. It was driving fine for a week until I turned it off and I tried to turn it back on but it just wouldn't fire up. I noticed that the fuel pump relay didn't kick in. I tested the relay and apparently it was in good working condition. I honestly don't know what to do now. Any suggestions?

Well it turns out it was the whole throttle body that was causing the high idle. But I encountered a new problem now. It was driving fine for a week until I turned it off and I tried to turn it back on but it just wouldn't fire up. I noticed that the fuel pump relay didn't kick in. I tested the relay and apparently it was in good working condition. I honestly don't know what to do now. Any suggestions?

The front of the carb has a small round window to show the fuel level. Simply look and see it you are getting gas.

Pul a plug and stick an old plug in the end. Lay on a grounded surface and watch while you crank. Does it spark?