B210 wheels/rims specs.

Sierra

I would like to buy my B210 some rims but I am not very knowledgeable about wheels/rims upsets, + or –

Anyone have a diagram or a range of sorts. Basically a guide I can follow in order to buy the right wheels.

Ideally I would like to see my B210 on a set of 14" rims. Is this doable?

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ideally I would like to see my B210 on a set of 14" rims. Is this doable?

Quite.   B)

With stock front struts you want a 14x6 or 14x7 with a +10 to +15 offset. If you swap to 280ZX front struts/brakes you can use up to a +0 offset wheel. 

All of these you'll most likely want a 185/60-14 tire at either stock height or lowered 1-2". If you go lower, you'll need 185/55-14 tires to make it not rub in the front. 

Thanks for all the feedback.

Keep those pics of your B210 coming (Great for inspiration)

I love how datsunfreak B210 looks and thanks for the link vex210.

I would like to keep the stock struts. So I might go with datsunfreak recommendation (14x6 or 14x7 with a +10 to +15 offset).

I had at one point some aluminum wheels but they rub on the upper lip of the fender in sharp turns. Maybe I had the wrong tires on them. So I took them off (Dont know the specs of the wheels).

What about using 13" wheels/rims?

Changing the struts just to sport nice wheels seems a little to excessive to me but I am willing to consider it. If I go that road is there any adaptations I need to do in order to do the swap?

IMG_2133_zpsb6b036a4.jpg

I would like to keep the stock struts. So I might go with datsunfreak recommendation (14x6 or 14x7 with a +10 to +15 offset).

I had at one point some aluminum wheels but they rub on the upper lip of the fender in sharp turns. Maybe I had the wrong tires on them. So I took them off (Dont know the specs of the wheels).

Those tires are a tad tall for that ride height. Stiffer springs would help.   B)

What about using 13" wheels/rims?

You can definitely run the car lower on 13s, but the overall tire diameter doesn't really differ based on whether you are running 13s or 14s. It's really only an aesthetic choice. You can get both 13" and 14" tires in the same diameter and width. 14" wheels will just offer a shorter sidewall (firmer ride and "better" looks), so not much difference otherwise.

Changing the struts just to sport nice wheels seems a little to excessive to me but I am willing to consider it. 

That's not why I did it...   :rofl:

I was offering you another option to consider if you just had to have deeper dish wheels.  :thumbup:

The reasons I did it was because it allows you to run a lower ride height, and it gets you MUCH bigger brakes.  B)

If I go that road is there any adaptations I need to do in order to do the swap?

If you search around a bit you'll see what's involved. Just search '280ZX strut swap'. It's the same for almost any Datsun (except the 1200). 

There are no real "adaptations", just a minor modification to the spring seat of the 280ZX strut. It's about as close to a "bolt-in" as it gets. 

Side note, your front suspension is basically identical to a '68-73 510. So any strut swap/brake upgrade that you find that suits a 510 will also work for you.