New here, finally got me a 74 620

kevins750

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

In reference to your exhaust;  the stock manifold is good.... But in either case, you will need to modify your exhaust pipe.  The L20B is taller, so the pipe will probably not hook back up.  Also, the stock pipe for the L16 was 1 3/4" if I remember right, and the stock pipe for the L20B is 2".   You will want the 2" pipe on the L20B to get the best performance out of it....

• Like 1

the water neck was rotted out so I tried to remove it and broke a bolt, so I tried to remove the housing and broke a bolt also.....I got them out eventually but damn the are corroded bad....I will give your method a try...

In that case, try to crack them tight first, but if they don't crack tight, you will need heat.

I have been sick for what seems like forever...Got stopped in the middle of the motor install, but I found this pic  last week and noticed the bottom radiator hose

2013-12-29103854.jpg

Don't remember if I did this or if someone at the shop was helping me out..Is it not my bottom hose? Is it just reversed ?.Certainly this isn't correct?

I have been sick for what seems like forever...Got stopped in the middle of the motor install, but I found this pic  last week and noticed the bottom radiator hose

2013-12-29103854.jpg

Don't remember if I did this or if someone at the shop was helping me out..Is it not my bottom hose? Is it just reversed ?.Certainly this isn't correct?

This looks like mine. I'll try to grab a pic tomorrow in the daylight.

I had to trim mine down a little on both ends but it fits great and doesn't rub anything

• 2 weeks later...

FYI, that fuel pressure regulator doesn't work below 4psi.  I've got one.  I put a fuel pressure gauge after it to test it.  The weber is supposed to have 3psi max. I've got mine set to 3psi (on the 38DGES), with great results.  I'm using the Weber Redline regulator and love it:

http://www.carburetion.com/Products/ProductDetails.aspx?part=31800.063

This one has also been recommended on here, though I don't think I personally like this one:

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/hly-12-804/overview/

Here is what my setup looks like:

http://community.ratsun.net/topic/56764-i-love-my-weber-38-dges-heres-my-38-dges-install/

• 3 weeks later...