1979 Datsun 620 std cab in DENVER junkyard!

yenpit

OK Datsun 620 enthusiasts!  NOT MINE, but there is an original paint 90K mile 1979 620 standard cab pickup in Colorado Auto Parts self-serve junkyard, DENVER Colorado.  Don't know why this truck ended up in the yard, but I would have bought it immediately, cuz it was so clean!  The body is ALMOST RUST FREE! Mostly stripped out now, but the mostly stripped out cab is EXCELLENT with NO BODY DAMAGE & original paint. Looks like PERFECT front clip inner sheetmetal (rad core support, inner fender panels etc etc), perfect rocker panels, really nice floor pans. The "short" bed is decent, with NO major damage, last owner had a custom cut 1/2 board on the floor of the bed so the floor is really nice, BUT there is some rust starting in the outer horizontal body seams(as usual!)......but still a pretty nice bed! Truck cab still had the doors, passenger perfect, drivers had a little rust, and a really nice tailgate as of 10-3-2013!
THIS IS NOT MY TRUCK, GO TO COLORADO AUTO PARTS on Radcliff in Denver!!!! I will try to answer questions by memory to help save a wasted trip for you. I can pull a part for a fee for my time & labor, but my guess is that this will go to the crusher soon.................

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You should pull the front suspension and brakes, maybe brake lines and master cylinder. Grab the tailgate. The back glass and rubber as it seems a lot of people want to get rid of their slider these days. Is it 5spd? Fenders, hood front valance and all that kind of stuff and sell it for profit$$!

Also what color is it? Is it the white one that has been for sale out there?

Problem for me is most of those parts would be bought on speculation, cuz I don't know enough about who wants what parts on the 620's.........I'm a 510 guy.  Also, lack of storage space these days......I went from 4500 sq ft of warehouse space in Michigan to a couple of storage units here in Denver.  I did pull lots of the parts that I know will sell on eBay (already have a bunch listed), based on what 510 parts sell, and what parts I have heard are in demand.  The back window is a slider, but the rubber seal is soft & beautiful condition........is the slider glass seal the same as the solid glass seal?  These are the 620 parts questions that I am slowly learning!  Yup, a 5 speed (also another truck 5 speed at another yard), but a real gamble if it's good or not, and I wouldn't use it within the 30 day return period.  I got the fenders & valence, hood is damaged (looks like something fell on it dead smack in the middle!).  Nope, never saw it for sale, simply ended up in the junkyard.  This truck really should have been saved, but once in the yard, it's for parts only.  Sad.

There's a a good looking white 620 on CL out there. I posted it n the CL ad forum. I think $1200. You should go offer $800 and then you'll have a truck bed to store more parts in! :P

And I think the seal is the same but they are still available for not too much $ (I think)

So you got up there, huh? I told you that sucker was clean :D Whomever owned that truck should have put it on CL for $800. It would have EASILY sold. When I saw that truck and saw the original heater hoses on it, I knew it was a low miler. Heck, those hoses even looked worth saving! I was there in late August when I believe it first came in, so I would guess there is about a month or so left for somebody to check it out. Easily one of the cleanest Datsuns I've ever seen in a CO junkyard.

Hey thisismatt, long time! PM sent!

Buzzbomb, yes and thanks!  Let me know if you're ever looking for anything for your projects, cuz I'm a Denver junkyard rat.  There was a pretty clean light blue '80 720 KC 4x4 L20B 5speed at PullnPay Denver northside 5-7 days ago.  There was also an '83 720 KC, oddly with an L20B (that should be a NAPZ shouldn't it??), but that truck was worn out & beat to hell!!  PM me any time. 

And yes, if that truck showed up on CL, and it ran & drove, I would have paid that kind of mulla +++ for it (I am looking for a truck to haul stuff).  I do know that an elderly guy owned it, cuz I found notes under the seat, and the handwriting style suits an elder.  I also know that it sat for a while, cuz the smashed hood was rusty where the paint had splintered, and there was tree sap residue on most of the top surfaces of the truck.  Still, it was ultra clean for a 1979!  A sad day indeed..........  :crying:  

Thanks for the offer, yenpit  B) I could have used the P/S door off that '80, but the one I got off the '86 out at CAP was super nice, but the wrong color.  Maybe you saw that truck out there. It was a 4WD, and had a really clean bed. It was missing a door because I have it :P The blue would have been great, but that's ok. My truck is multicolor anyway. Hopefully someone will pick those trucks clean, I hate to see them go to waste. Likewise on the PM, and I'll keep an eye open for 510's or cheap, running project trucks. 

That truck was awesome when I saw it..It was 100% complete. I'd bet it if it wasn't running that it could have been EASILY fixed with some tools and Hainz's video. I almost thought about buying the carb off of it to rebuild, but I wasn't sure how much they would have wanted for it. I doubt it's still on there..

Somebody yanked the complete L20B out of it by the time I got there...........wonder who got it!!??  I have a 79 L20B carb off of a truck last year..........you want it??  PM me!