66 Volvo 112s Wagon

anyone know anything about these? There is a rust free driver very close to me for 2500. I am thinking it would make a sharp ride but I know nothing about them. Looks sweet to me.

I am thinking Panasport looking wheels, lowered, front visor, and polish it up. done. What do you think?

0102100116060103112008081380290a2a0.jpg

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

it's defiately rear wheel drive, 4 speed, 4 cylinder.

I am wanting a wagon. 510 would be perfect but there are none around here. Been looking at another members 710 wagon. But I have to build it.

This is ready to drive.

is it worth 2500? prolly not. but it looks well built. and I am sure he will deal a bit.

Not getting away from Datto's. Just the 521 is killin my back and kidneys. and the extra interior space would be nice too.

One problem is that those Volvos are heavy and get poor gas mileage. IIRC, less than 20mpg.

Yeah, Datsuns aren't that plentiful east of the Mississippi, but they're only a shipping fee away. Heck, a couple-three years ago, a guy and his buddy flew from South (North?) Carolina to Salt Lake City and drove his 510 wagon home. Pics and vids posted somewhere. Worth it if that's what you want.

You searching all the craigslists? 510Realm? DimeQuarterly? There's a decent 510 wagon for sale north of Washington, DC. If it's still available, seller will probably negotiate.

Here's a project in South Carolina for $400:

106_1078.JPG

I like those old Volvo's a lot, especially the wagons. Very cool cars. I really do not know much about them either, but it doesnt matter if you like the styling of the car, the rest can be modified to your liking with time(motor, trans, brakes, suspension) This is a case of "It's not what you buy, it's what you build". Looks worth building to me, and i bet that it is worth at least the 2500 if in decent shape, possibly even more.

Jason

Yeah it looks heavy. Like a tank.

The car in Maryland is sold. That's the prob with the east coast. If it is for sale everyone knows about it and it won't last long enough for me to find it.

I'm not really wanting a full on build like the 1 you posted. The 710 just really needs the motor and trans put back in.

I thought about getting 1 from out west but shipping to me is a grand or more. That hurts.

I've been around those cars a bit. One of my car buddies has a couple. One he has had since the early 70s and the other is a 123GT. The GT is more rare and has a lot of performance changes compaired to the 122.

There is room for a SBC and the wheels are Ford bolt patern. SUs are stock and there are a few catalog companies that specialize in them.

One problem is that those Volvos are heavy and get poor gas mileage. IIRC, less than 20mpg.

They were built in an age when fuel prices weren't even thought of much. Gas you bought today would be the same price in a couple of years from then. Volvo's were known for being very well built, well desighed, reliable, tough/strong and safe in an accident with many safety features than the 60s cars which had only safety glass and maybe seatbelts.