Datsun Problems?!?!

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The rule here is NEVER, NEVER, NEVER over-carb your motor. Generally it's better to have too little a carb and want larger, than to have to live with a larger carb but wish you had smaller. The smaller carb will always be the best for all round drive ability. Larger carbs need a larger cam, higher compression, header, porting to make use of it. With all this done it will perform well but a pain in the ass around town where most driving is done. On a stock motor even worse.

ahh thanks datzen mike , yea i kinda figured it was to big it was like puttin an edelbrock 750 or 650 on a v6 it just doesnt work :( 

its just a bummer that to get like a  weber 32 36 i would have to change my intake as well for money is an issue right now since government shut down  i have lost my job and paycheck so not sure what to do ....would you happen to have any suggestions on a carb  that will fit my sidedraft intake ? thanks again for all the help from everyone on here, how long you been a datsun fanatic?

Weber 38dcoe (I thought there used to be a 36?) mostly more expensive than a new 32/36 setup

Or choke tubes for your carb and re-jet?

Or sell your setup and that should cover the cost of an intake and a 32/36 ? If I even remotely had a need for a side-draft I'd just about offer your a trade for the 32/36 setup. Someone in here might, maybe post a trade in the classifieds?

ahh thanks datzen mike , yea i kinda figured it was to big it was like puttin an edelbrock 750 or 650 on a v6 it just doesnt work :(

its just a bummer that to get like a  weber 32 36 i would have to change my intake as well for money is an issue right now since government shut down  i have lost my job and paycheck so not sure what to do ....would you happen to have any suggestions on a carb  that will fit my sidedraft intake ? thanks again for all the help from everyone on here, how long you been a datsun fanatic?

Yeah sell it and buy new weber replacement carb under $300 (has everything, adapter plate, bolts, air filter) and an old intake for $30.