Help to save a Drive In theater in your town!

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

There's a drive in about 40 minutes away (in Poteau, OK) that upgraded to digital projectors and put in new concessions in the last few years. They show double features on the weekends and they've been kicking ass. It's awesome.

And Tulsa has the Admiral Twin, which has two drive in screens back-to-back and each one shows two movies. Somebody burned it a few years ago and I haven't been back since they reopened, but it was always a good time even though it was pretty run down.

I think there are a few in the OKC area, too. I guess Oklahoma is pretty lucky in the drive-in movie department

There is one up by us that we go to a couple times a year. Double feature and the concessions are great... they have like a mini restaurant serving chicken strips and fries and such. Great time. I just tried to look it up on the above webpage and its not there. Its either so low on the drive that they dont even care or its already digital. 

Some of my fondest childhood memories are with my dad at the drive-in near the Coliseum in LA. 

There is one up by us that we go to a couple times a year. Double feature and the concessions are great... they have like a mini restaurant serving chicken strips and fries and such. Great time. I just tried to look it up on the above webpage and its not there. Its either so low on the drive that they dont even care or its already digital. 

Some of my fondest childhood memories are with my dad at the drive-in near the Coliseum in LA. 

The Blue Fox drive in on Whidbey is still going strong. They just got converted over to digital.

+ they have a go cart track :D

Damn almost 3 hours away, but damn I need to take my son up there.   Fond memories of going to the drive-in. 

Yup Cam, there are a couple in OKC.  The winchester was awesome, but took a direct hit in the Moore Tornado.  Hopefully, they will reopen, but their website mentions nothing about it.  There was one in Guthrie and one on route 66 out by Bethany, but I don't have first hand knowledge on whether they are still in operation.  Nice to see Honda try to help out!

Damn almost 3 hours away, but damn I need to take my son up there. Fond memories of going to the drive-in.

There's one in Gorst/Belfair. A lot closer than the Whidbey one for you.

Edit: Just looked it up and it says Bremerton on Google Maps, but that's a lie. It's called the Rodeo Drive-In and looks like they are already digital.

There's one in Gorst/Belfair. A lot closer than the Whidbey one for you.

Edit: Just looked it up and it says Bremerton on Google Maps, but that's a lie. It's called the Rodeo Drive-In and looks like they are already digital.

The RODEO Drive-in?  Looks like we need a Friday night Datsun meet there.