Camaro lip on 620

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Huge pain in the ass, avoid it if you can, run a VW lip.

Consists of drilling into the valance, rivets, zipties, bolts, and I used air dam struts.... Scrape it everyfuckingwhere, and breaks literally everytime, Unless you get a Polyurethane one.

• Like 1

Yeah, they're flexible cause they're a bit thin, they aren't durable at all once you start scraping it, and banging it on dips and stuff. If you aren't going to be too low It'll work perfectly though.

Use L brackets riveted onto the valance, then bolt the lip to the l bracket, You can add support/rigidity to it by running a bar of steel or aluminum along the top of the lip where it bolts up. Else you'll break it the first time out.

I added turnbuckles to adjust it a bit, but even fully threaded up it would still scrape on crap.

5nik.jpg

This is now, notice the turnbuckles are gone.... They literally broke holes in the lip, and flew away.

Unnamed5_zps9523e626.jpg

• Like 1

would this work on a 510?

This lip is pretty fuckin awesome.

I'm not planning to be super low.

and it seems like a large duckbill so im assuming it'd work?

All I had to do was modify the valance and bend the bottom portion flat so the lip could be mounted on it. I've heard of people doing the opposite and bending the lip itself. The method I did seemed to be easier IMO. I didn't have a heat gun but had tools to bend the metal. My buddy helped me out with it, definitely takes a few sets of hands. 

Looks good :cool:

Are these solid ABS, how easy would it be to alter the shape a bit?

I think this one is ABS but it is slightly flexible. I'm sure with a heat gun it could be altered.