Checking interest in a copper L4 intake\ exhaust gasket

I just got off the phone with a guy who can cad cut a copper gasket for the intake and exhaust on a L4 datsun motor. He can make a deal if 5 or more are purchased. He will get back to me later or maybe even monday. I am just checking if there is enough guys interested in one. It should be around 28 to 30 bucks each and they are reusable. Post up and let me know. Chris

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Because it doesn't 'crush', will it seal the water passage into the intake???

I had a copper head gasket on my jet ski that did not crush and sealed both combustion and water jacket with no leaks and I reused it for two tear downs and 3 years. The u67 has no water jackets for the intake, well not on mine at least. They suggest a thin amount of silicone to help with metal imperfections, so it may hel;p with the water passage too. As soon as he calls me I will verify this to work with intake, exhaust and water.

wouldnt this copper gasket RTV be better than plain silicone???

41P7A045PEL._SL500_AA260_.jpg

Yes that is what he suggests, I was not going to get very technical until I found out all the details. He actually said the one in your pic plus the spray on kind and a trick to refresh copper be heating the entire gasket and quenching it in water. Plus he stated that because it is soft a re torque will be important to create a perfect seal.

What about L-series head gaskets? I know they're out there, but might as well throw business his way if available...

If it does not exist he can make any thing you want for a cad fee,30 bucks, and programming fee, 30 bucks, and the final product of around 35 bucks. However, he may have them already in his program. He is very cool and honest, so we will see what he can come up with.

I can probably get intake/exh gaskets cut out off my cad file too. I dont know that I would trust a metal gasket without "crush rings" around the port holes though? I usually spray metal gaskets with Copper Coat before installing them I guess... Maybe I'll make one myself for when I tear the motor down...

count me in.

Also I will take a head gasket to fit an L6 depending on how thick he can make them.

Ask if he can make them in 1mm 1.5mm and 2mm thick. I'll meet the minimum 5 order myself.

Heck I would like a head gasket for the L4 in 2mm too.

count me in.

Also I will take a head gasket to fit an L6 depending on how thick he can make them.

Ask if he can make them in 1mm 1.5mm and 2mm thick. I'll meet the minimum 5 order myself.

Heck I would like a head gasket for the L4 in 2mm too.

You got it. I will ask him as soon as he gets back to me. He did mention making any thickness and bore size needed. He also said if there is not one on file he will send you a thin wood pretest piece for you to verify its function.