Wanted 1971 Rear End

Was revered to these forums by a Joe Coverdell from my craigslist posting.

I have a 1971 pickup 1600 with the four speed manual tranny and I am need of the rearend to hopefully get it back up and rolling along.

The original is still in the truck and as far as I can tell the brakes and hubs are in working order. The driveshaft is also in place other than the sloppyness of the rearend guts that seemed to have fallen apart.

Anyone that has one of these for sale or information on which years and models would also work could you please drop me a post.

In the Oregon City, Oregon area so even if you see one at a local UPull it that would help as well.

Thanks for any information I can get

James

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ity should just be the H190 rear third member. Those were used all the way up until the mid nineties at least, maybe even later.

I am running a 85 third member in my 76 620.

I have the old third member with 4.37 gears sitting on the floor, nothing wrong with them. Just changed ratio.

Yours for $10, and you dont have to pull them at a junkyard.

Jason

Ity should just be the H190 rear third member. Those were used all the way up until the mid nineties at least, maybe even later.

I am running a 85 third member in my 76 620.

I have the old third member with 4.37 gears sitting on the floor, nothing wrong with them. Just changed ratio.

Yours for $10, and you dont have to pull them at a junkyard.

Jason

Sorry for the thread hi-jack here but-what's the ratio in the 85 pumkin?

Depends, if Z24 manual.... 3.700 or auto...3.889

If you have the High Mileage optional Z20 engine, it's 3.364

And if it's a heavy duty model then it's 4.375

Forget the 4X4 for that year, it was a C-200 and will not fit the H-190 housing.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.