Champiion radiator buy....anyone...

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 months later...

well cool radiators dropped the ball so i went diret to champion and they are calling cool radiators to try and fascilitate my rma for two of these radiators ..... the goon one leaks like a seive and the truck one has a lower tank leak very slight... trying to get the wagon one sent off this week so

Well I have a champion in my wagon and it works fine. Just don't buy one for a jeep cherokee. I bought one for one of my employees and it broke at the seam after about a month. Took it back and got another, Same thing. Now I'm going to return that one and ask for my money back. :mad:

• 4 weeks later...

lol champion took the first radiator back ... that had a bung welded in it with the ntent of fixing it and sending it back .... they just send a new one......facepalm.....i guess i will try out the fan temp switch in the thermo housing now...will swap this one into the 521 and send that one back ... not super happy but at least im getting new ones

Champion radiators are horrible radiators. Yeah they may last you a year or so if you don't drive your Ratsun regularly, but If you rally cross, auto cross, or just like taking spirited drives you will soon disappointed. Mine started leaking at the poor welds with in 4 months. Yes they are affordable but are cheaply made. Have a radiator shop recore or fix any problems you may have with your Datsun rad. It may be the same price. A recore as I'm sure you all know is much more expensive, but we'll worth the $$. I do business with Superior Radiator & Air conditioning out of Oregon Coty, Oregon when I need something fixed on a rad or a heater core. Extremely fair prices, quick turnaround and Randy is a hell of a nice guy that knows what he's doing. In fact I dropped off an old 510 rad today to have some seems fixed, they decided to go on me this morning. Hope that helps.

• 1 month later...