Any Tips or Tricks ?

I'm planning on removing my ugly dry rotted and cracked dash pad from my 70' 521 pickup but before i did was hoping maybe someone on here has done it before ? maybe you could tell me an easier way of doing it ?

and not sure if i want to keep it shaved or if i want to look for a replacement dash any ideas on which looks better or how your guys 521 dashes look ? possibly know of where i could get a whole dash pad in case i do go with replacing it ? 

Thanks !

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Laotsu - still a noob.. whats PnP ? and heard that a 520 dash pad would also work and sounds better because its all steel.. but might just go with the time being with a shaved dash

There must be someone on here whose replaced or just removed and old dash pad. I mostly need info on removing the dash pad.. I'd like to find out from people who have already tried different methods of removing it if possible ?

There must be someone on here whose replaced or just removed and old dash pad. I mostly need info on removing the dash pad.. I'd like to find out from people who have already tried different methods of removing it if possible ?

to do this is no quick task, make sure if its your DD (daily driver), you have a full day or more to dedicate, to taking apart, cleaning, doing what ever your going to do to it,

than replacing it, give yourself an extra hour for unforeseen complications.

there are 8 or so (10mm) bolts as well as some button head short screws,  that hold the dash and the dash pad to the firewall. in order to reach most of these you will have to most likely undo your instrument cluster and pull it out along with the glove box.

undo your dash harness from the tabs and proceed carefully