Cause 6 Dat-Projects weren't enough, 510 2 Door: CA18det, RHD...

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Took some advice. Bought a 20oz container of Techron. Soaking the injectors in it today. After about 30min, injectors that wouldnt actuate at all are all now hitting hard.

I soaked them, then disconnected an injector plug from the running engine(440cc rb injectors are fowling plugs slowly anyway) and connected the old injectors to the plug while submerged in Techron... They all came back to life and are somewhat squirting. Ill soak them for the rest of the day and then actuate them while flushing them with some brake clean and check if they spray ok. If they are all good Ill re-install them and see how it goes. My only concern is having any residual gunk obstructing flow that would change flow rates between all 4. We shall see if this does the trick.

Awesome stuff man.

My only suggestion is maybe getting that charge pipe going to the throttle body a little farther from the radiator. I mean I see from spacing that they are gonna be great friends, but I dont think they want to touch. B)

You could go to a one piece right there, as it looks like your coupler is what is touching, but you may be doing that already.