first car!1983 Datsun maxima wagon

Well guys we had no takers on the car and could not get a trailer to take it to the junkyard....so it still sit in front the house and i am waiting for the HOA fine notification to arrive. I will be getting the car towed to my shop this evening as we had some space open up there. The good news though is i went to the junkyard this past saturday and saw an amazing wagon with a silver interior, no engine/tranny, damaged trunk and busted rear glass but absolutely no rust and the interior is factory fresh/clean no ripped or worn seat and a beautiful center console..the dash is cracked. i am contemplating buying this shell and transfering the engine/ tranny we have to it. Or buying the doors, fender, hood etc and swapping the rusted out one on the goon we have. So in short i believe the project is back on the stove pending cash flow.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Find out if it will be a salvage title or not. IDK how much that matters with Datsuns, or if that will even apply to you in TX. Finding a new body would seem your best option though at this point.

If this were a 510, everyone on here would be like "noooooo, Fix it!, noooo, I want it!!" But because its a 910 Maxima, everyone is like "meh".

Sucks because in a few more years these cars might be pretty sought after as well. Only time will tell though. I think theres a lot less 910/Maxima than there are 510 though.

I messed with it a little this week end and it seems the flex plate ring gear is done. The starter is not making contact with it anymore, even if i spin the crank with a wrench to move the position of the flex plate. I might have to pull the engine /tranny and replace the flex plate to get it to start. I started the engine and drove the car aroung about 6 weeks ago with two dead injectors, no brakes and foul gas. It gave my son and i some  motivation to continue, hopefully we can get a flex plate and swap it soon.  

• 4 weeks later...

Well guys...the car has been sold, i got it in Houston and brought it to Austin and now its back in Houston. The guys picked it up a week ago and called me to say he started working on it already. it has gotten a new lease on life i will ask him to post up dates here as well.

My son now has a 89 240 s13 coupe 5 speed, two tone with working HUD and NO RUST! We got it at an auction it has trunk lid damage and right front fender damage. I have already sourced a silvia front and trunk with what looks like the same color two tone, it should be in the US by late November. I will ask him to post some pics....not sure if the mods will allow it though....