Is the level where it has to be??

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

gas level looks ok

2nd pic needs pluged at least

3 pic should hook up to your break booster you dont NEED it but i bet you WANT it 

4th pic - no clue what part your talking about in it - circle the part in question and re post 

gas level looks ok

2nd pic needs pluged at least

3 pic should hook up to your break booster you dont NEED it but i bet you WANT it

4th pic - no clue what part your talking about in it - circle the part in question and re post

Talking about the 3rd pic my booster has no where I can hook up a line too

This...
null_zps263d91f3.jpg

The black hose at the bottom is kinked and looks totally useless like this. Water needs to flow out of the thermostat housing and back down to the lower rad inlet.

The fuel line clamp isn't on either.

Otherwise the fuel level is near perfect, the fitting on the rear part of the manifold is the vacuum source for the power brakes or for the automatic or both.  The fitting on the side of the intake is the vacuum source for the thermostatically controlled warm air on the air filter housing snorkel. Both fittings must be used or sealed. In the picture above that large round thing is the check valve, it allows air in, prevents exhaust pushing back out.The hose to it is missing from the air pump.(it's likely missing too)

Can I take it off?

Yes but you may cause four small exhaust leaks if you cut the tubes. With work the tubes can be removed and the longer tubes that extend into the exhaust ports lifted out. The threaded holes just need these...

exhaustpipeplugs001Large-1.jpg

This...

null_zps263d91f3.jpg

The black hose at the bottom is kinked and looks totally useless like this. Water needs to flow out of the thermostat housing and back down to the lower rad inlet.

The fuel line clamp isn't on either.

Otherwise the fuel level is near perfect, the fitting on the rear part of the manifold is the vacuum source for the power brakes or for the automatic or both. The fitting on the side of the intake is the vacuum source for the thermostatically controlled warm air on the air filter housing snorkel. Both fittings must be used or sealed. In the picture above that large round thing is the check valve, it allows air in, prevents exhaust pushing back out.The hose to it is missing from the air pump.(it's likely missing too)

Yes but you may cause four small exhaust leaks if you cut the tubes. With work the tubes can be removed and the longer tubes that extend into the exhaust ports lifted out. The threaded holes just need these...

exhaustpipeplugs001Large-1.jpg

Can you help me out bro what should I do and need and what should I fix or plug and can you show me what r u talking about I really don't no sorry for the bother

If you don't know and have to ask, then let it alone, this will only end badly. Seal those two fittings on the intake. Get two short lengths of hose and place on the fittings and put a suitable size bolt or screw in the other end to seal it up. Slide the clamp up the fuel line to the carb inlet so there is no fuel leak and drive it.