San Diego Datsun people

Dat-girl

Is there anyone in the san Diego area that could help with maybe a rebuild or help with a 72 z car? My brother is stationed there and recently bought this car and he thinks the other day he blew the motor. He has not had time to look at things as he is getting ready to deploy again but I thought I would try and help him out as best I could to find him some friendly folks.

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I understand it is a big task... just someone to take a look at it and maybe help see what is wrong with it is all I am asking. I figured some may have a shop as my brother will be deploying for 5 months and could leave it somewhere. We are not sure what is exactly wrong with it but I live in ky and he is stationed in SD and we are from alabama so any kind of help would be great.... no need to get bent out of shape over a simple request.

If you could help maybe just to look at it with him can you please get in touch with me.

No the car is just sitting. He had it towed in and that is all that has happened. We are not for sure the motor is blown up but he does not know much about motors. I was hoping someone in the area that knows the cars could look at it and help him and what to do next. He is stationed there with the navy and i think his apartment is in chula vista.

Hey have a shop in Oc/La area, sounds as maybe a blown head gasket due to overheated , if rebuild is required you may want to consider a rb25 swap ,get a motor for 2500 and install with some ones help in SD ,or tow it up here and I can do it with another one waiting I am doing soon ,and call it a keeper if has good body , these are nice with swap ,I almost was going to sell my sr d 510 to build my own 400 hp RB 240zed ,but opted out due to thought of trouble I may get with Godzilla car.

where in sd is he. 

is the engine apart? i know a good machine shop that i rebuilt my engine at.

Can I give you hos info and maybe you call or text him. I appreciate your willingness to help out or stear himnin right direction.