Trouble pumping fuel into gass tank.

Hello, Im having trouble pumping gass .Every time I go to fuell up Im not able to without interruption. The process is interrupted when Im fuelling up.It feels like there is too much pressur, so I need to squeeze the trigger only half way in order to fuell up.How can I correct this problem?Thanks in advance yours truly Chuck.

• Like 1
  • Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

when i would gas up the tank on my motorcycle, id have to pull back and hold the rubber boot thingy on the nozzle 

or else it would shut off. 

same thing with datsuns, i believe. you have to really press and hold the nozzle into the tank or itll shut off.

and never let go of the nozzle when pumping or leave it unattended or the damn thing will pop out of the filler hole

and if you got it set to 'auto-pump' youre gonna get gas all over the damn place til you turn it off

Do other states use the boot(vapor recovery) on the pump nozzle like CA? I don't think NV does, at least the last time I went through.

It could be a kink in the hose going to the tank. There could be a radical turn in the neck and when the back fill hits the valve it shuts off. Try different positions, or don't push it all the way in, eventually there will be a happy medium where it will fill without shutting off.

The problem cars for filling with fuel when I was a gas jockey in high school.

It was a tie between 4.

Pinto before they redesigned the filler neck to keep them from blowing up in a rearend collision.

scout, the original jeep wannabe.

cj5-7 when the filler neck was just the end of the neck sticking out of the body work with a cap on it.

Ford bronco before unleaded gas restrictors.

had to fill at half speed in the 510 wgn, 521's, and the NL320.  I'd go to the same station all the time and they got used to letting me hold the nozzle....I'm in Oregon where they have to pump the gas for you.  Never had a prob with my new car :)

• 2 weeks later...

check out the DQ Vol6 Iss2 newsletter... there's an article on how to upgrade/retrofit your fuel filler neck from a 240sx.

since the 510 was built before unleaded fuel was the standard, the fuel filler hole is larger than on unleaded only cars so that is why you have trouble filling your tanks.