Help tried to reindex torsion rods

Tdubwells

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

inspect the splines at both the male (rod) and female (anchor arm) end

to ensure they arent damaged. if they arent, then keep at it until you get it.

IMG_20130606_105552.jpgfound a new anchor arm on ebay for 23 bucks plus s&h or should i not waste the money and try and file the splines ??? and the torsion bar/rod will not budge forward one bit any ideas really need some help... the picture is of mine

Sometimes you have to loosen the arm bolted to the back of the lower control arm(LCA), it has 2 bolts holding it on, and once it is loose wiggle it around till the torsion bar falls into place, make sure it's not so loose as to fall off the LCA mount bolt, you have to get them both in the hole, then tighten everything up again.

These vehicles are 40 plus years old, things get tweeked, and don't go back together when tight, sometimes they don't even come apart without persuasion.

You should be able to use a small triangular file to get rid of the burring, once you have it and the spring splines cleaned up should got back together nicely.

concur, was gonna suggest the same exact thing. 

even if a few of the splines are effed up, there are enough splines that you could rely on the non damaged ones. 

thanks for all the help guys got it back together after filing for about a half hour or so ...its my first 620 and it needs lots of work im sure you guys will be hearing from me more often ...here is a pic with the front end lowered IMG_20130606_195830.jpg