510 Goon tailight lens or retrofitting options

Trying to get genuine Aussie/Euro spec lenses here is like trying to find a virgin in a whorehouse, impossible.

Ive looked at getting some of the US spec lenses but our authorities here are overly anal about non Aussie spec additions to the point where they will defect a vehicle for having taillights which dont have the amber lens component.

In an efoort to try and get something to replace my existing taillight combo, Im wondering if anyone has retrofitted the back of their Goon with taillights from another (more easy to source parts for) model ?

Im loathe to have to modify the back of the goon, however my current lenses are fairly ordinary and this is possibly the only way im going to be able to circumvent this issue.

I have way too little spare time on my hands although Im even looking at reproducing lenses from the original ones.

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought those were being made aftermarket,, but a search only came up with your question over and over. Have you tried hunting around with the search on the 510realm or bluebird list ? Those guys are somewhat higher dollar per mile than most on here.

I thought those were being made aftermarket,, but a search only came up with your question over and over. Have you tried hunting around with the search on the 510realm or bluebird list ? Those guys are somewhat higher dollar per mile than most on here.

Had a look at the realm ages ago and came up with zip.

Thanks for the reminder though, ill give them and the Bluebird list a try!

There was a guy in Malaysia (I think) ages ago doing repros on Egay.  I didnt have my Goon then so didnt buy any :(